Chapter 27

Hey again lovelies <3

I hope you guys don't hate me for leaving you like that :P

The last couple of days haven't exactly been on my side, I've had headaches and I've had little appetite..

So I put the story writing on hold for a little while. This chapter could've been published sooner, but I chose to get a little better first.

Not 100% today either, but at least I'm gonna publish this chapter!

Enjoy <3

----------------------------------------------

So close.

The butterflies in my stomach was having a party with loud and pounding music.

His lips are so close!

So much closer than last time. I can feel them. They're barely brushing against mine.

Just a little more.

"Colt! You shouldn't be outside!"

And he pulled back. Completely, he was standing a few feet away from me with the blanket now tightly wrapped around him.

The butterflies stopped, they didn't move or anything, they just went back to their sleep. As if they were unhappy about their too short party.

Amber held an umbrella in her hand and she wore the hoodie, so she's less skin to burn.

Where did she even get the umbrella from?

"Neither should you," he grumbled as he passed her. He took long steps and was inside in just a few seconds, if that was vampire speed or his long legs. I don't know.

Amber shook her head in his direction and looked back at me after giving the door a few funny faces.

"Why are you outside? You shouldn't be outside either," I said.

She just shrugged and pointed up at her umbrella, which could nicely fit two people without their shoulders touching.

"I'm more covered than him," she smirked. "So, judging by his grumpy attitude I interrupted something. Didn't I?"

You interrupted our almost kiss.

"No, you didn't interrupt anything. He's just tired, you should go back to bed too," I shooed her.

"You're not the boss of me," she said stubbornly while walking backwards.

"When it comes to you and sunlight, I am."

She groaned and turned around to walk normally beside me.

Why did I want to close the tiny space between my lips and his? What made me hold back? I wanted so bad to feel his lips on mine!

Amber was humming a tune I didn't recognize and kept her eyes straight a head.

I'd walked longer than it felt.

From the corner of my eye I saw something move. When I shifted my eyes from the path to the moving object beside me, my breath got caught in my throat.

Right there.

Partly hidden by one of the trees stood a girl. Wearing a plain white summer dress down to her knees.

Her black hair was flowing nicely with the wind and showed of the length on it. Her skin was pale, almost like her dress.

Red lips. The same red Colt's eyes had.