Being Best Freinds

I didn't wake up till almost two Saturday afternoon. Alex and I had walked Katie home after her friends' DD picked them up. After making sure Katie was safe Alex came to my house and we had laughed about my lack of TV and food. I woke up in bed, laying perfectly on top of my already made sheets. "Mmm." I rubbed my eyes, my head just a little fuzzy but I was mostly thirsty. I headed downstairs to get some juice, still sleeping. I noticed someone laying on my couch, their feet still in white vans hanging off the edge. "Alex?" I said without thinking, trying to remember him staying over. He stirred and slowly sat up, looking over the back of the couch at me. "Good morning." he smiled groggily, standing up to stretch. "You stayed here last night?" I rubbed my eyes again, trying to focus. "Oh, you told me it was cool to just crash since it was so late and we were so drunk..." he shrugged at me. I slightly remembered laughing at him trying to find the door to leave. I smiled at him now, "I guess I kind of remember that." I said heading into the kitchen.

     "Let's go shopping today. You need food." Alex followed me to the kitchen, leaning against the island. I opened the fridge and pulled out a bottle of Strawberry Banana V8. "You want to go shopping with me?" I asked, unscrewing the top of the juice and taking a long swig. I handed it to Alex now, wiping my mouth on the back of my hand. "If you don't care that I come along." he smiled and took a drink now. "I'd really like that actually. I think part of the reason I haven't gone is because I haven't wanted to go alone." I confessed, turning my attention to the small pad hanging from the fridge door. I took a sheet of paper from it and a pen from the top of the fridge, turning back to Alex. "We'll have to stop at my place first so I can change, but you should let me make this list so you can go get ready." he came over to my side of the island and shoved me away. "You don't even know what I eat!" I laughed at him in protest, hesitantly heading for the stairs. "Food!" he yelled back at me, leaving me to laugh all the way up the stairs. 

     Alex and I spent two hours at the store. We only spent an hour actually shopping, the other hour we were riding carts around and slamming into shelves, laughing hysterically when workers would awkwardly ask us to stop. I was sitting inside a cart in the parking lot now, Alex steering me towards my bug. "This has got to be the funnest shopping trip I've ever had." I laughed as he stopped at the back of my bug. We had already loaded all the groceries in, we were just fucking around now. "That's because you went with your best friend!" Alex yelled, taking my hand and helping me out of the cart. "Get to the choppa!" he yelled at me as he ran the cart to the drop off, running back towards me. I automatically started playing along, quickly unlocking the doors and getting behind the wheel. "Go! Go! Go!" Alex yelled next to me, slamming his door shut. I turned the key and peeled out of the parking lot, the two of us laughing loudly as we sped out onto the street. Things were simple with Alex. I hadn't had this much fun since the guys, and Joe.