The Runway Part II

Alex had finished his hair routine looking finer than ever and left me sitting at the mirror as he searched the racks of clothes for something fitting to wear. "You must be the new comer?" a tall older man appeared in the mirror behind me. "Uhm, I guess so." I looked up at him in the mirror, he had a John Travolta thing going on and a Brooklyn accent, a shiny gold watch around his wrist. He looked rich as fuck. "Well sweetheart, I hope you're ready for a night you'll never forget." the man put his hands on my shoulders just as Alex came back over. "You have brought a total dime son." the man moved over to Alex now, the two hugging for a quick second. "Isn't she though." Alex winked at me and I could feel myself blush a little. "Listen, I've got a box set up with her name on it already. She'll go out between you and Georgia okay. You better sell lots of fucking shots tonight!" the man yelled, turning his attention to the room now. "Let's sell some motherfucking shots people!" he clapped his hands together and everyone hollered around us, clapping their hands with him and stomping their feet. "You're on in five people!" he yelled and turned back to me, smiling. "Are you ready for this sweetheart?" he looked at me, a small amount of nerves creeping up on me. "I guess so, thank you for letting me be a part of this. Whatever it is..." I smiled at John, pushing my nerves down. "Are you kidding!? Anything for Alex here, he is one of our best sellers! Welcome to The Runway sweetheart!" John patted my back and disappeared. I looked at Alex who was shirtless now with a vest on and a pair of well fitted black pants. "Don't be nervous. You look great, come on. It's time to line up." he grabbed my hand and pulled me up towards the people who were lining up behind the curtain. 

     Everyone was dressed in sequins or hardly nothing at all and they were all in front of us. Alex pulled me in front him, Georgia in front of me in a black glitter bikini. "Ladies, Gentlemen, Gays, Lesbians and Others! Welcome to The Runway!" I heard John's voice boom over the speakers and the crowd beyond the curtain screaming. "Holy shit Alex, that sounds like a lot of people." my heart was racing now. "There are a lot of people out there." he laughed at me and I frowned back at him. "I don't think I can do this." I shook my head now, playing with my hands. "Don't worry baby, once the line moves up some you can watch us as we go out, it's only ten seconds." Georgia smiled in front of me as John's voice was still booming over the speakers, dance music starting to play now. "Alex." I turned back to Alex who took my hands, a smile on his face. "You're going to love it once you've done it the first time. You have ten seconds to work a little magic, make the people want you, love you, and then it's over. You walk down the steps at the end of the runway and you take the shot trey. Two bartenders are waiting with the treys so you can grab one and head out into the crowd. You've got this....here we go." Alex turned me back around as the line started moving, John calling out a name over the speaker. The crowd erupted even louder and I swear I thought I was going to faint, my palms starting to sweat.

     There was only one person in front of Georgia, the tall black guy who had opened the door for us. He was shirtless with a pair of swim trunks on and he was wearing flippers. "Come here baby." Georgia pulled me up to the curtain, pulling it back just a little so we could watch Jake take to The Runway. "Oh my god." I whispered as Jake danced his way down the strip, women and men alike screaming and reaching up for him. A second later he walked down the steps at the end and disappeared. "Now watch me sweetie." Georgia winked at me. "Now we all usually know Georgia as our Southern Bell!" John's voice erupted over the screaming crowd. "But tonight we've got a sweet innocent southern girl gone bad! Give it up for Midnight Georgia!" John boomed and the crowd went crazy as Georgia strutted out onto the stage, her legs looking longer than they were in her black stilettos. She rubbed her hands along her sides and up to her breasts, the men around her screaming her name. "Holy shit, no way Alex. I mean that sounded like a stripper name first off and second off I can't do this." I shook my head, dropping the curtain and turning to leave.