Two-thirty

I woke up early Friday morning. My head felt clear and there was a sense of excitement lingering inside of me. I felt good, confident, happy. I dug through the bags of stuff I purchased with Alex the day before, standing in my kitchen in a black bra and underwear. "Hmmm..." I tapped my chin trying to find the perfect outfit to wear to work. I pulled out the flared out teal mini skirt with a low cut black shirt. I dressed in the kitchen, quickly slipping on a pair of low top teal converse and running up stairs. I finished my makeup with a subtle cat eye and randomly straightened my hair so it was more wavy than curly. I smiled at myself in the mirror, excited to see Alex and Katie at work.

     "Hey." I smiled when I walked into the shop, a small black purse around my body. Alex looked over his shoulder, flipping the last few chairs in the back. "I like that outfit." he smiled at me, strutting over to me. "Thanks, if I remember right an extremely cute boy helped me pick it out." I batted my lashes at him, escaping his glare behind the counter. He leaned against it, closing in on me. "What  are you doing after work?" he asked, a mischievous smile on his face. I leaned against the counter towards him now, our hands touching. "I have plans with Katie and Rex, sorry." I winked at him and turned my back, getting the blenders ready. I could hear Alex walking around the counter and walking towards me. I smiled before turning to face him just as the back door slammed. "Hey guys! There's already a huge line for the drive thru and I can see people walking up now, we better open a little early! Don't you think Mia?" Katie came barging in, walking around the counter. She threw her purse on the ground by the drive thru station and put her radio on, ready to start the day. I sighed shaking my head with a faint smile. "Yeah, we better." I said, reluctantly heading for the door to unlock it. Alex smiled at me and blew me a kiss, taking his stand behind the register.

     The day was completely hectic. We were busy most of the morning and afternoon until about two thirty when we finally died off. Katie was wiping down tables and checking on the one customer we had when Alex came up to me. "I need to talk to you." was all he said. He took my hand and pulled me into the back. "What's going on?" I asked feeling a little concerned. He pushed me against one of the stock shelves and smashed his lips into mine, his hand finding it's way up my shirt. "Fuck." I giggled into his mouth and he kissed me harder. I ran my hands through his hair, stopping at his neck and manipulating his head. I could hear him panting into my mouth, his hands running along my bra. He slowly pulled back, looking at my lips. "I've been dying to do that all day." he whispered with that famous grin of his. I smiled back at him, pushing him away. "You're bad." I laughed heading for the door. "Don't leave, not yet." I heard him say behind me. He grabbed my wrist and spun me back towards him but I stopped him, giggling. I pushed my hands against his chest. "We're at work." I laughed but I kept my lips close to his. He frowned at me. "Be a good boy." I whispered, slightly brushing my lips against his before kissing him lightly. I pulled away from him again, walking towards the door. "You can't do that to a guy!" he called after me as I walked into the front. 

     My mouth fell open, my heart fell into my ass, and I'm pretty sure I gasped out loud. Katie turned to me, her eyes wide and her skin pale. "Hey, I'm not finished with you yet." Alex came up behind me, his hand wrapping around my waist as he tried to pull me backwards. I pushed him away, not saying a word. There, standing in the lobby in an Armani suit was Joe. I couldn't breath, I could barely move. Katie stepped in front of me, blocking my view of Joe. "I had no idea Mia, I had no clue he would be here, be in town. Are you okay?" her voice felt far away. What the fuck was he doing here. I could see him staring straight at me through his dark aviators. He had gotten a hair cut, it was clean. Short on the edges and just a little long at the top, styled perfectly. He looked amazing, and I felt like I was going to laugh, cry, scream, explode right in front of him. 

     "Joe?" Alex's voice was clear behind me. I turned to him, watching him in slow motion as he made his way around the counter towards Joe. "Alex? Holy shit, is that you?" Joe spoke now, everything going frame by frame. What was happening. Katie was still in front of me, holding on to my arms as she looked over her shoulder at Alex and Joe. They were hugging, looking at each other laughing. Chatting like old chums. What the fuck was happening. "Mia?" Katie spoke again but I was focusing on Alex and Joe. "Look at you! Shit man, how long has it been?" Alex said trying to capture, all of Joe's attention but I could see him looking at me. "Uhm..." he pulled his gaze from mine and turned to Alex. "Me? Look ta you! All grown up, the fuck you doing working here?" Joe asked Alex. I listened intently. "You know me, I get bored. I needed something to occupy my time man. What the hell have you been up to?" Alex was smiling wide and he went in for another hug. 

     "Mia?" Katie shook me a little, snapping me back to regular time. I stared at her, wide eyed, breathing heavy. "What do I do, what the fuck do I do Katie?" I turned my back to her now, running my hands through my hair. "I...I don't know. Do you want to talk to him? I'll throw him out if you don't." Katie said, rubbing my back as I leaned against the sink to steady myself. I looked down into the drain trying to figure out if this was a dream or not. "Mia?" Katie was at my side now, still rubbing my back. "What the hell is going on? They know each other?" I asked the sink. Katie looked behind her at Alex and Joe. "I guess so. Come on Mia, pull it together. Don't let him see you like this." Katie was trying to sooth me but it was only making things worse. I pulled away from her, taking a deep breath and trying to collect myself. What the fuck was going on?

     "Mia! Mia, you have to meet my friend Joe!" I heard Alex calling for me. I took another breath and slowly turned around. Joe had pushed his sunglasses up, his eyes staring straight into me. Alex looked his normal excited self next to him. "Actually, we already know each other." I said confidently. I had no idea where the sudden courage came from. I walked around the counter and stopped in front of Joe, crossing my arms to hide my shaking hands. "You do?" Alex looked at him and I stared back, waiting for it to click. "Joe." I finally said, looking over at Joe now. Alex's eyes grew big and he took a small step back. "This is that Joe?" he asked in a small voice and I nodded, keeping my eyes on Joe. Joe looked confused, maybe even a little panicked. "Mia. I..." Joe started to say something but he stopped himself, looking away from me. "Honestly I don't have time for this. If you're going to order something I'll be more than happy to help you, otherwise I'm going to have to ask you to leave." I turned away from Joe, Katie was staring as if she'd just seen a ghost. I walked back behind the counter and grabbed the drawer from my register. "Mia." Joe said softly, his voice sounding just as small as Alex's. I ignored him and headed for the office, not looking back.