The Bean Before Open

I was riding into work on cloud nine Wednesday morning, my blood still pumping from last night with Katie and Alex. Alex and I dropped Katie off at her place around ten but went cruising for at least an hour, laughing and singing along to old Britney songs. Everything felt smooth with Alex, nothing was complicated or worrisome. He had such an intoxicating attitude, his constant carefree mood rubbed off on everyone around him. He was dancing around the shop when I walked in, the chairs flipped and the lights already on. "Hey you!" he yelled when he spotted me, grabbing my hand and twirling me into him. I laughed and pressed my hands into his chest, looking into his eyes. "I think I should tell you something." he smiled at me, slowly moving us towards the front counter. "What?" I giggled as my back hit the counter, my heart starting to race a little.

     "I've been having..." he grabbed me around the waist and lifted me onto the counter. "a lot of fun with you best friend." he said quietly as he positioned himself between my legs. He moved my hands to his shoulders, staring at my lips. My heart was frantically beating now, I could hear it in my ears. "Me too." I smiled and he kissed me, his lips smashing into mine and his hands running along my back. I felt the shock of his tongue in my mouth but I kissed him back, soaking him in. I managed to stop kissing him and pulled back a little, staring at him. "I don't think best friends kiss like that." I said, a smile spreading across his face. He laughed and pulled my head closer to his, "Only the good kind do." he whispered and kissed me again. I let my hands run through his hair as his moved along my back and neck. "Oh...fuck....sorry." I heard Katie's voice to the left of me and Alex slowly pulled back. I looked over at Katie to see her standing with her back to us, her hands covering her face. Alex and I both laughed. He moved away from me, helping me hop down off the counter. "Sorry Katie." we both giggled, Alex running his hands through his hair. "I'm just going to grab some stuff from the back." he said, squeezing my side before heading through the back door. I walked over to Katie, a goofy grin stuck to my face.

     "I thought you said it wasn't like that!?" she whisper yelled at me, stomping her foot. "I didn't think it was!" I snapped back, the two of us laughing. "Geez...well, I'm glad to see you moving on." she touched my shoulder and headed behind the counter. A sudden feeling of guilt washing over me. Joe's face popping into my head. I had every right to move on, I shouldn't feel bad for kissing Alex. I didn't feel bad for kissing Alex....but I couldn't shake this feeling of guilt.