I Need Help

I was sitting on Alex's couch staring at my phone a couple days after I had told Katie everything about how I was feeling. We had stopped talking about it once she went inside to get food. When she came back out we chatted about work, Rex and the guys, shopping. We kept the rest of the conversation light, and I was happy. I still had no idea what to do. As soon as Katie left Panera I called Alex and he picked me up, I'd been with him for three days now. "Hey." Alex smiled at me as he walked down the stairs in a pair of nice jeans, no shirt on. He was towel drying his hair. "Hi." I smiled at him as he walked over to me, kissing my lips. He sat down on my left putting his feet up on the small coffee table. "Do you remember that night you came to The Runway?" he asked me, smiling. "Well duh." I laughed. "Those two lesbian girls came in last night asking for you. You need to come sell with me tonight." he shoved me and I laughed. "Seriously? That's awesome!" I clapped and he mocked me clapping loudly and making a seal noise. The two of us laughed loudly, gripping our stomachs as we kept laughing. "You should totally fucking come tonight, but if you don't you're more than welcome to stay here." he patted my leg and stood up.

     Thirty-minutes later Alex reappeared wearing a white t-shirt his keys in his hand. I got up from the couch and walked over to him. "Sell lots of fucking shots tonight!" I said kissing his cheek. "I'll keep you posted, as always." he kissed me back and headed for the door. "You're going to be so jealous of me when I send you all the snap chats of the club! Bye Mia!" he slammed the door and I smiled, falling back down on the couch and turning on the TV. It was time to turn my brain off for a little while. 

     I woke up to a pitch black room. The TV had auto shut off and the loft was silent. I rolled onto my back, grabbing my phone to check the time. It was 12:45. I sat up, it was late and I hadn't heard anything from Alex. My phone was dry. I clicked on his message thread and started typing. 

Me: Hey, how's the club tonight? :) -12:45am

Me: I'm guessing your're busy?? Let me know who wins! -1:03am

Me: Alex, will you just send me a text to let me know you're alive??? - 1:15am

     My heart started racing as I pushed the call contact button on my phone. It rang and rang, finally going to his voice mail. I called two more times before really freaking out. I jumped off the couch, grabbing my converse and shoving them on my feet, dialing Katie. "Hello? Mia?" she sounded groggy and I knew I had woken her up. "Katie I'm sorry, I can't get a hold of Alex and I'm freaking out." I was frantic, pacing his dark loft. "Mia slow down, what's going on?" "I can't find Alex!! He's not answering my texts, my calls!" I yelled now, running my free hand through my hair. "Mia...did he leave?" her voice was soft but it set me off. "He wouldn't just leave without telling me Katie! Okay! He wouldn't! I don't know what's going on but I need to find him!" "Okay, okay. You're right, I'm sorry. What do you need?" she sounded more alive now. "Can you come get me at his place? We can drive by the bar and see if he's there." "Okay, Rex and I are on our way. We'll find him Mia." I hung up the phone, grabbing my keys and heading out of the loft to wait for them down stairs. 

     Rex and Katie pulled up in his big black truck at 1:40. I ran to the back, getting in quickly. "Go." I said and Rex did as he was told. "When did you last hear from him?" Rex looked at me in the rear view. "Before he left, at eight-thirty." I answered, staring at my phone. Waiting for him to finally call or text me back. "How long do you guys usually go without texting?" Katie asked and I glared at her. Her hesitant doubtfulness was not helpful right now. "The longest we've ever gone without talking is an hour maybe....but he always sends me texts and snaps of  The Runway when he's there, always. So you can see why I'm worried Katie." I shot back at her. "And he wouldn't run?" she said it quietly, mostly to Rex but I heard it. I didn't even care, I just needed to find him. I had a bad feeling. "He wouldn't run, the way he talked about Mia...their best friends. He wouldn't just run and not tell her. I know he wouldn't." I heard Rex say and I was thankful at least one person believed me.