Chapter thirteen: The Armoury.

"It should be through here." Michonne said in a whisper as we came across a huge armory. It looked similar to the one back home. I remembered going with Morgan and his son when this whole thing started. But this one was overrun.

"We can get through that door if we make a run for it." I said to Michonne as we crouched down against an old police car. We could hear the moans of the many walkers that circled the place. I glanced at my surroundings and located the door that was slightly open. Anything could be inside. "Is there anything you have to distract them with?" I asked Michonne after a long moment of silence. She carefully looked through the bag but shook her head. "Not even a flare gun?" I was stuck for ideas on how to get passed without getting attacked.

"I've got an idea." Michonne whispered to me as she looked around. I was still behind the old police car while Michonne quickly crawled over to the passenger side. I couldn't see what she was doing but it was better than nothing. Whatever she was planning, it better work or we would be stuck.

I waited a while before she came back around. I sighed with relief as Michonne came back with something that was unexpected to me. "You found that in the car?" I asked as Michonne smirked at the object.

"I did, I think it will come in handy." Michonne got on her knees and grabbed an old whiskey bottle nearby. She wrapped a piece of large cloth in a ball and stuffed it in the bottle. She lit up the cloth with a lighter she found in the car. It bursted into flames as she threw it over the fence. It smashed the window of an old rusty car. The flames bursted into the air, making a loud explosion. I noticed the walkers turning their full attention towards the flames and they walked towards it.

"Go!" I whispered as we still crouched down while running into the gate and towards the door. We reached the inside and closed the door behind us.

It was a dark gloomy corridor and I couldn't hear anything. Our footsteps echoed throughout the long corridor, Michonne held her sword in front of her as we progressed more into the building.

We entered a room where there was more light. It looked like a working station with many desks and chairs that were scattered all over the place. It looked like this was another police station. I could picture it in my mind of how it would have looked. People talking and typing away on their computer, drinking coffee and eating lunch at their desks. I used to be one of those people.

And I missed that.

*

"The Armoury should be in here." I said to Michonne as I pictured the station where I used to work at. We trailed through another set of hallways before we headed downstairs to where the guns were stored. We hadn't run into any walkers yet, it looked like they migrated to outside.

I slowly opened the door to where the guns were and it looked like no one had touched anything. "It looks like no one made it past the dead." I said as I walked around the large room filled with weapons. It looked like no one has touched a thing. I walked over where the stash of bullets was being kept inside a few drawers. I found the right one that would be good for my gun. I loaded it up and took a whole box for when I ran out. Michonne loaded up a few small handguns and took the whole draw of bullets.

We grabbed a few extra bags for the road and now we had to leave without getting caught by the walkers. We both carried a backpack behind our backs while we held a gun each.

"Do you know how to get out of here?" Michonne asked as we walked up some stairs and through a room I didn't recognise.

"It looks like a lounge." I mentioned as I looked around but we found no other door.

We trailed away from the room and entered another long, dark corridor with no other doors. We reached the end of the corridor and came towards a dead end.

"We should go back." Michonne said as she followed me up the dark hallway again. We found our way back to the offices and a flashback replayed in my mind.

*Flashback*

"Rick, have you finished the paperwork on the robbery?" I turned to my boss who stood in front of my desk. My eyes scanned the papers that were scattered everywhere. I finally located them and handed them to my boss. "Good job." He said before leaving.

"That was a close one." Shane softly punched my arm from behind.

I swung my chair around to face his desk which was located behind mine. "Yeah, did you mess up my desk?"

He chuckled. "Nah, that must have been your son." Shane pointed to the open doors where Carl and Lori stood.

"Dad!" Carl, our ten year old son, yelled making everyone in the office smile.

"Hey, buddy." I hugged him tightly as I ruffled his short black hair.

Lori walked in shortly after and bent down to give me a quick kiss on the cheek. "Hey, baby." She smiled as she took my hand. "Hey, Shane." Lori smiled at my best friend.

"Hey, Lori." Shane said back as he leaned back on his chair.

"Ready for lunch?" She smiled as Carl let go to talk to Shane.

"I sure a-" I was cut off by a sound of my radio go off from my shoulder.

"All available vehicles report to 923 RoseDale road, this is an emergency." It cracked off.

"Copy that." I said into the radio.

Lori sighed, knowing exactly what that meant.

"I'm sorry, maybe tomorrow?" I gave her a faint smile as I heard Shane get ready to go out.

"You say that everyday." Lori stated with her arms folded. "Come on, Carl. We'll let dad do his job." She and Carl walked away and my son waved us goodbye.

"Come on, she'll get over it," Shane patted me on the back, "we can get lunch after this call."

*Flashback ends*

And that was the last time I ever saw my wife and son before the Apocalypse started. After the call, Shane and I ate lunch and then we got another call. That was when I got shot and woke up all alone in a hospital.

"What was that?" I put my arm out, stopping Michonne from moving any further, stopping my train of thoughts.

"I didnt hear anything." She whispered.

Footsteps.

"Someone is here." I stated.

"Or something." She gripped her gun tight.

It didn't feel like a walker, it felt more human. I knew the way to the Armoury. If we got in there, then we could just wait it out until it left.

"This way." I whispered as we ducked into a corridor and through a few more rooms to where the armoury was.

We both entered the armoury and it looked exactly how we left it. I locked the door while Michonne backed up against a wall. My gut was telling me that this something wasn't the dead.

And my gut was never wrong.

*****

Hey, it's your author here!

I just want to say a huge thank you for the votes and the awesome comments that make my day! Warning you now that there are six chapters of this story left (I know it's short) BUT there is a twist and you'll find out very soon.

Keep reading!
Much love, Sarah!