Chapter 1:Grappling Hook

Dipper and Mabel were soon walking up the porch steps of the Mystery Shack,carrying their luggage.Dipper opened the open front door and they were both greeted by Soos and Waddles.

"Waddles!How's my little sweet heart?I missed you so much!"Mabel said,hugging Waddles to death.

"Oink Oink Oink!"Waddles screeched.

"Aw,he said he misses me!"

"What's up,dudes!"Soos said.

"Soos!How ya been?"Dipper said,giving Soos a high-five and hugging him.

"I've been good.How about you?"Soos said.

"Good.Hey,where's Wendy?"Dipper asked.

"Oh,she didn't come today to work for some reason.Why do you ask?"Soos said,scratching his head.

"Just asking."Dipper shrugged.

"Yeah,you wanna see her again?Don't ya,Dipper?"Mabel giggled.

"No.I was just curious."Dipper blushed slightly.

"Uh-huh."Mabel nodded.

"You haven't changed a bit Soos!"Dipper said.

Soos still had his Mystery Shack shirt with his light brown shorts.Dipper did noticed that Soos looked a bit more buffer and taller.

"Come on.Let's catch up later.Let's get you guys settled in."Stan said."Soos,help them with their luggage will you?"

"Sure thing,Mr.Pines!"Soos happily said.
He picked up Mabel's suit case and helped Dipper with his.Dipper,Mabel,and Soos climbed up the stairs that lead to their old bedroom and set their luggage down.

"Thanks Soos!"Mabel said getting her stuff out and unpacking.

"No problem.I'll leave you two dudes here to unpack."Soos said,walking out.

"Oh my God!My posters are still here!"Mabel said,getting on her bed,admiring her old boy band posters.
Dipper looked under his bed and found the journal covered with dust.Dipper blew off the dust and opened it.

"It's still in great condition."Dipper smiled.

"Dipper,I thought you threw that away!"Mabel whined.

"Whatever."Dipper grumbled.He got himself up from the floor,putting the journal in his sweater and unpacked his things.

-.-.-

After a few ours of settling in,Dipper decided to explore the woods.

"Dipper!We just got here and you already want to leave the house?"Mabel questioned.

"I want to go and see if i could find something."Shrugged Dipper walking out the door.

"Ugh,I hate it when you do this."Mabel groaned.

"It's my life,Mabel.I can do whatever I want."Dipper snapped back.

"Well if your going,I'm coming with you."Mabel protested.

Dipper grumbled something that Mabel couldn't hear or understand what he said.
Dipper sighed and rubbed his nose."Alright,Mabel.But if you get hurt It's not my Fault."

"Don't worry bro bro.I can take care of myself."Mabel said pushing Dipper slightly.

"Alrighty then.This is gonna be fun."Dipper said."Grunkle Stan!We're Going out!We'll be back Soon!"Dipper shouted.

"Okay!Don't go out of town!"Stan shouted back.

"Ok!"Dipper and Mabel started heading towards the woods.

"Dipper?"

"Yeah?"Dipper said,taking out the journal and looked through it.

"What exactly are we looking for?"Mabel asked,poking Dipper's shoulder.

"I dunno.Something I guess."Dipper shrugged.
Mabel nodded and followed Dipper into the dark woods.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

"How much more do we have to walk Dipper?It's starting to get late and i'm super tired!"Mabel complained.

"This is the 7th time You've complained Mabel!We've only been walking for 30 mintues!"Dipper growled,slamming the book shut.

"But it feels like forever!"Mabel sat down on a nearby log and sighed.

"So far this summer has been boring-Oh my god!A squirrel!"Mabel yelled.A little squirrel came out of nowhere and crawled toward Mabel."Aw....it likes me."

She started petting the squirrel and the little creature purred with delight.Soon after the squirrel hissed at Mabel and ran away.

"What was that all about?"she asked.

"I don't know.Come on.Let's go back to the Mystery Shack.There's nothing out here anyways...."Dipper sighed,putting the book in his sweater.

"Yay!"Mabel cheered.They both started walking back to the Shack when Mabel suddenly soon realized they were both lost.

"Dipper,I think we're lost."

"I know where we're going,Mabel.Just follow me."Mabel groaned and followed Dipper through the woods.

A few Hours passed and still no sign of home.It was sundown already and it was getting darker by the minute.

"Dipper!We've been walking for about an hour now and we past that tree with the face five times now.It's giving me the creeps."Mabel said shivering.

"Face it Dipper.We're lost."Dipper sighed.

"You're right Mabel.But,how are we suppose find help if we're in the middle of nowhere?!"

"We'll just use my GRAPPLING HOOK!"She screamed pulling her grappling hook out of her sweater.

"That won't help Mabel.Besides,I thought you lost that thing all those summers ago."

"I just found it under the bed when we were unpacking."Mabel said,showing off her grappling hook.

"Well,it certainly not gonna help us get home."Dipper groaned.

"Oh,but I could help~"A voice whispered."Who's there?!"Dipper said.

"Yeah! I have a grappling hook and i'm not afraid to use it!"Mabel yelled,getting her grappling hook ready to attack.

"Put that thing away Mabel!"

"Never!"She yelled.Everything was slowly turning gray and Dipper and Mabel stood there scared and confused.Suddenly,there was a quick flash of white light and the mystery twins covered their eyes from blinding themselves.When they un-covered their eyes,there stood the one and only,Bill Cipher.

"Why hello there Pine tree and shooting star.Long time no see."he said.