Part 12

Alabaster Scythes

I walked back to my room, numb. Gabe had me try on too many clothes, and the whole time, the conversation I had with Mr. Blackbourne was still turning in my head. Gabriel had Victor come with us. The experience was surreal, being in a room with so many teens my age in public. It made my stomach turn.

Victor and Gabe were walking with me carrying my bags.

"I can help." I insisted.

"You don't have to lift a finger princess. We've got it." Victor's eyes were bright, and he smiled at me.

I pushed my door open and let them walk in first.

"I'm going to organize you closet Trouble."

"Okay." I replied. My stomach growled.

"I'll take you to lunch, let's go."

It was two in the afternoon. "Kind of a late lunch, don't you think?"

He shrugged, "Or an meal between dinner and lunch."

I smiled. We went to the kitchen for a snack.

I opened the fridge as Victor peered in. There were tubs of food with Doc's name on them. "What's that all about?" I asked, pointing to one of the food tubs.

He chuckled, "Doc's very partial to his food. He doesn't like it when one of us snack on it."

"Really? That's interesting." I reached in a grabbed a container of his and opened it. There was some rice and chicken. "This looks good," I commented and grabbed a plate.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Victor warned.

I giggled and put some on my plate anyways. He popped my plate into the microwave as I put the tub away. The door opened and the Doc himself came marching in.

"Alright, who's cooking my food?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked with a face of innocence.

"He's got a sixth sense, he always knows when someone touches his food." Victor said.

"Well, you'll have to deal with it Sean, I'm eating some of your food." I smirked at the mock look of hurt on his face.

"That's not very nice, Pookie."

I giggled. "Stop right this second." Sean said. "Don't you dare laugh, it's contagious."

I tried to stifle my laughter. The microwave rang and I raced towards it.

I pulled the plate out and sat at the island. Sean sat on one side of me as Victor sat across from me. I was eating when Sean reached over and snatched a piece of food from my plate.

"No thank you," I said.

"I'm allowed to, that's my food," he winked.

He went for another pinch, but I slapped his hand. He pulled it back, cradling it to his chest.

I giggled, "serves you right."

"What have I said about laughing? And I need you to kiss my hand better now."

"I think you'll do just fine without a kiss,"

"It's doctor's orders. You need to kiss it better." he winked.

"Fine," I huffed. I grabbed his hand and brought it close to my lips. I breathed on the back of his hand, my nerves were picking up. Swallowing my nerves, I pressed my lips to his hand. I could hear a sharp intake of breath. Was it Victor or Sean? I couldn't help the small smile spreading on my lips.