Chapter 13

He fell to the wooden floor, a slight amount of blood flowed from a small gash on his forehead. "Ah what the fuck Audrey! Shit! That really hurt!"

I did actually feel a little terrible about hitting him with the glass. Maybe that was a little too far? I was just afraid, I woke up in a foreign room, all I could smell was him, but before I had time to register in my head where I was at the door had opened and I pounced.
"Can't say you didn't deserve it a little."

"What'd you think I was going to hurt you? I would never do that."

"Maybe it's because of this," I said pointing at the red puncture marks that now graced the left side of my neck.

He looked away from my eyes, guilt rising heavily in his face. "I had to."
"Why?! What makes you think this is okay?!"

"You are my mate. You need to bear my mark so everyone knows who's your protector, lover, companion." His eyes held my attention as he said his excuse. Such beautiful, big, grassy green eyes he had. Wait what did he just say?

I suddenly took a step back raising my hand up. "Woah, lover? Yeah, let's just simmer down on that part buddy, it's bad enough you bit me without asking me first."

"I am truly sorry for that, but I promise it was for a good reason." He looked nervous, waiting for my rebuttal.

I laughed a little, not the good kind. "Good reason? More like a selfish reason!" I was getting more and more angry. How dare he say what he did was "for a good reason"?!

"The only person being selfish here is you!" He pointed his index finger at my chest, his grassy green eyes were now a more darker shade of green, signaling his anger and frustration. "You ran before you even gave me a chance! You don't even know me, yet you already judge and run? Mates are supposed to be the other persons half, a completed portion of the soul. What is so selfish about wanting to feel love, happiness, completion?"

Jaw dropped, I had no answer. I stood there completely dumbfounded. 

He then stormed out of the room, looking back at me with so much hurt in his eyes, a glimmering of tears in his eyes. I made him feel this way. The one meant to love him.