Chapter 2:Maverick's POV

~~~Mavericks POV~~~

"Where would you like these alpha?"

"Just set them down in the main parlor." I said with a heavy sigh. "Could we please hurry and get everything set up already?! The ball is in two days and I would really like everything to go smoothly."

"Yes alpha." they replied with heads bowing in respect and obedience.

Just as they were leaving my beta Brenton walked in through the double doors.

"Tell Chandlar he needs to set up a border patrol schedule, I don't want any surprise "guests" showing up uninvited. Am I clear?"

"I'll be sure to tell him alpha. I was just heading into the neighboring town to get the food you ordered for the ball. I shouldn't be long, maybe an hour or two. Did you want me to bring along Chandlar so we could discuss the precautionary details?"

"Actually just take Marco with you. I'd like to go over those with Chandlar myself, that way I know what the plans are as well."

"Alright, we'll I'm just gonna head out now."

"Brenton?"

"Yes, alpha?"

"Do you think I'll meet her at the ball?" My face slightly turned into a frown. My heart clinched almost painfully at the thought of not finding my mate soon. I was 21 and it was something long overdue. I was just to busy being an alpha at the age of 16, trying to be the best I could for such a young age. I just wanted my parents to be proud.

"Man, I'm sure you'll find her, and when you do we'll finally have a Luna for our pack. Knowing you, I'm sure the spirit goddess gave you a beautiful mate. No doubt about it."

"I'm hoping. I've been so lonely for so long."

"Okay and what am I?! Chopped liver? I see how it is," Brenton said with a playful glint in his eyes and a tone of voice heavily laced with his usual sarcastic personality.

"No, no man! What I mean by that is a certain type of loneliness. Not a friendship loneliness. Geez."

"Dude! I'm just playing!" he laughed at me, enjoying me trying to explain the loneliness of a woman's touch.

"Whatever man. Just get out of here. Don't be late either."

"Alrighty. Off and out master." Saluting me and walking out the doors laughing.

"Prick" I muttered under my breath, turning my attention back towards the list of guests attending the ball. Checking off the names of the RSVPers, "Alpha Kurtis of Briarfort pack, and his Beta Triton, Alpha Hadley and Beta Sapphire of Burrowsbane pack, Alpha Luke of Blood Creek pack, his Beta Derrik, and his daughter Audrey, Alpha Louis and..." I went back and looked at Alpha Luke's daughter's name again. Her name sounded so beautiful and majestic. "Alpha Louis and his Beta Zack of Trine pack."

CRASH

"Hey! Graysen, what the hell are you doing?! If you can't carry it by yourself then call on for help! I'd rather you hurt your pride then bust out every window in this god damn house!"

"Yes, I understand sir."

"Good, now no more mishaps yes?"

"Yes sir."

I turned my head back towards my paper, heading out of the parlor and up the grand, winding staircase towards my office. I opened the double cherry oak doors. I slowly unwind, sitting in the comfortable chair, finishing up the list and preparations.