Chapter 1:Audrey's POV

OFFICIAL FIRST CHAPTER!!!!!
I've been waiting all day to get home so I could start writing it!

I hope you enjoy it

~~Chynna
__________________________________

Waking up groggily, I rubbed my hands over my eyes, yawning. It was a Saturday morning and I really just did not feel like getting up, so I just huffed and threw my body back onto my nice, warm, soft, comfortable bed. "Ill never leave you again!" I whispered into my pillow. My bliss was short lived.

"Honey, are you up?" My mother's voice chimed from behind the door.

"Yes, we'll sort of. If you count my eyes being open as up, then yes." I reply.

"Whatever, as long as your talking. Anyways, your father would like to see you in his office."

"What on earth does he want? It's Saturday I don't have school or training."

"I believe he said something about you joining him for some party."

"Since when has dad ever been to a party?"

"Your dad actually used to be a pretty wild child in our teenage years. Oh I remember when we first met. That was some of the best sex I've..."

"PLEASE NO! Not another word about you and dad. Please just god no!"

"Oh hush you. Now hurry up he's waiting on you."

On the way to my fathers office I was wondering what party he could possibly be talking about. I know all of the alphas over the world hold a party like every 5 years or so. Maybe it's this year. I still don't understand why I would have to go to the party with him.

Softly I knock on the door.

"Hey. Come in Audrey and take a seat in the chair, I've got some news."

"Ok dad what's the news?"

"Well this year is the alphas ball and as alpha of the Blood Creek pack we are highly anticipated to be there. As one of the biggest packs we cannot disappoint. I'm not really sure if you know of the true intention of this party, but it's to help unmated alphas and betas find their mates. I already have mine of course and I love May, but now that your of age, you'll be attending with me as a potential mate for all the other alphas or betas."

"You've got to be kidding me! Dad why?! I'm not ready for my mate! I'm not going! I may not even be their mate!"

"Your going and that's final." I couldn't believe how calm he was being. Doesn't he realize that once I find my mate, especially if he's an alpha, ill have to go with him. Alphas are crazy possessive and once he's found me, I'll never be able to come home. He won't let me out of his sight.

"I'm not ready! I can't believe your doing this to me!"

"You're not ready?! You're fucking 20 years old! Most females are mated by the time they're 16. You should have been ready for a long time."

"I'm just not ready to have to leave you and mom and all my friends." I whispered as a tear made its way down my cheek, dripping off my chin.

"Oh, baby girl. You'll be fine. I promise and if your mate didn't let you see us or visit we'd have a "talk" that's for sure."

"Thanks dad, but this all really so big. When is this party?"

"Its actually this up coming Friday. We'll be traveling a little ways. The party is being held in California. Alpha Maverick Pryce of Silver Tail pack is hosting it this time."

That name just sounded so smooth and fluid. It flowed through my mind like silk.

"Maverick you say? How old is he?"

"He's actually quiet you g for an alpha, he's 21."

"And does he have a mate yet?" my wolf was agitated with my question and I honestly didn't know what her problem was.

"Actually no, which is why he volunteered to host it. He needs someone to rule by his side, plus he's been quite a lonely guy since his parents were killed in battle against rouges"

"Oh how sad. I really hope he finds her then."

"Anyways now that were on the same page, why don't you call up Leslie and go shopping for a party dress?"

"Ok that sounds like fun. Ill just go call her right now" I kissed him on his cheek and walked out of his office.

He may think we're on the same page but that's not how I see it. None of those men will even get a glance of me.

"Hello?"

"Hey Leslie. Wanna go shopping?"