Chapter 6:Audreys POV

All heads turn towards the doors. That same scent hit me like a train. It was his scent. Alpha Maverick was my mate. I already knew my mate would be here, but I didn't think it would be him.

He turns his head and his eyes met mine dead on, recognition clear in his bright blue orbs. I lost myself in them, until I noticed him heading towards me. I turned and ran out the glass doors leading to the massive garden.

I ran and ran until I met the wood line. I strip off my dress, shifting into my white wolf. "WHY ARE YOU RUNNING," Starkly(her wolf) says.

"I must."

"You don't need to. You saw he is an alpha, a strong one too."

"I don't want this, he may be very attractive but this isn't the right time."

"If it isn't the right time, you wouldn't have met him yet. The goddess knows when it is right. you can't go against fate. It will catch up ALWAYS."

"IT IS MY DECISION ON WHEN I AM READY AND YOU WILL KEEP QUIET!"

She whimpers at the harshness of my voice and I feel guilty that I yelled at her. She doesn't say anything else to me.

I hear a loud howl about 2 miles from me. I pushed my legs to move faster.

A growl follows after me. How did he catch up so quick?! I push harder and harder and I hear the thundering of paws behind me, getting closer and closer.

They are right behind me now.