The Prince and the Slave Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Abey had returned to the Prince's chambers after her dinner, and was sitting on her bed humming quietly to herself. She often did this when she was alone, and let her mind wander. At that moment in time, she was aboard a Pirate Ship, fighting off hoards of angry sailors. She was the most famous and feared Pirate in all the land, Cutlass Abey, and along with her crew of fearsome pirates they would travel the world, finding treasure and having adventures. She was fighting off the enemy sailors, her sword flashing like a bolt of lightning. One down. Two down. She was on fire! She was just about to duel a third sailor when another came behind, and one from each side. She was surrounded. But she wasn't scared, she simply raised her sword and shouted-

“I HATE HER!” William burst through the door and started pacing back and forth, waking Abey from her daydream with jolt. “I HATE HER, ABEY. I HATE HER!”

She had never seen him so angry, and it scared her. She stayed frozen where she was as William continued to pace violently in front of her. She didn't know what could have caused him to react like this, and she didn't want to make him any angrier, but she wanted to try and calm him down.

She carefully stood up and took a few steps towards the Prince, who had now stopped pacing and was muttering to himself, his hands rubbing his temples, with his back to her. Abey reached out a cautious hand and touched his quivering shoulder.

“Sir?”

He suddenly flew around, his eyes blazing with anger. Abey whimpered and closed her eyes, preparing herself for yet another beating she was sure would follow. Instead she was surprised when the Prince flung his arms around her and pulled her close to him. Abey didn't know what was going on or what to do, so tentatively wrapped her arms around his waist and returned the hug. William felt her pull closer to him and he rested his face on the top of her head, breathing heavily. Abey could feel him calm down, and start breathing deeper.

“You're a person, Abey. Don't forget that” He whispered into her hair. They stood like this for a while, until William had completely calmed down. He broke apart from her and held her in front of him, just looking into her chocolate eyes. He couldn't understand how anyone would want to hurt this girl, think she was less than human. He didn't want to move. He just wanted to keep staring at her like this. She blinked nervously up at him and he felt his stomach drop. He knew he would do anything to protect this girl. He could only guess at the pain she had suffered before in her life, and he wished he could erase it from her, or at least share the load. She will never be caused any harm or hurt again, not if I have anything to do with it, he resolved to himself.

“We should go to sleep” he said, a hint of sadness in his voice. He didn't bother getting changed, he just threw off his shoes and rolled into bed.

Abey stood in a state of shock where he had left her. The Prince really was different from any master she had ever had.