Ch. 14- A Different View

Eric continues his assault of kisses down my neck. The door rattles and I can hardly speak with everything that I'm feeling.

"Just a second!" I nearly choke when Eric bites down on the skin near my collarbone.

I dig my fingernails into the center of his chest, indicating for him to get up.

"Eric! My dad."

"He can wait."

Eric's voice is drenched in what I would assume to be lust but there's still some authority to his tone which sends tremors up my spine.

I hope my father can't hear me. I hope he didn't hear Eric on the roof.

What will happen if he finds out a Dauntless leader is in my room? I'll never see the light of day again. My parents would rather see me factionless than watch me pretend to be an Amity.

Eric is relentless to let up on his hold of me.

"Eric, please!"

A low growl escapes his lips and he bites down in the same spot again. I shove his at his chest as hard as I can, using all the strength I can conjure up.

This time he listens but not without sending a death glare down at me.

I'll deal with him later.

He stands and looks around my room for a moment before walking into the  bathroom where he shuts the door behind him.

I walk to the bedroom door, patting myself down and brushing fingers through what I would assume to be tosseled hair.

With a deep breath, I slowly open the door, revealing my exasperated father.

"What took you so long?"

Dark circles lay under his eyes. His night clothes wrinkled. He must have waken from a restless sleep.

"I was sleeping."

Dad pushes his way into the room and sits on the edge of the bed. The edge that Eric just previously was holding me down on.

My feet are glued to the floor but I watch him.

"Lily, your mother and I are worried about you."

My eyes dart over to the bathroom door and my body tenses at his words.

"I'm fine, dad. It's late. I'd really rather talk about this at a more appropriate time."

He runs a hand through his thick brown hair and looks to me with pleading eyes.

"When is the right time? You always go running off and if you're here, you stay locked away. Is something going on that I should know about?"

Nothing that you would understand.

I take a gingerly step in his direction but don't completely go near his space.

"Everything is fine."

Dad clasps his hands together in his lap and sighs, obviously unsatisfied with my answer. He stares at me for a long time before speaking again. The silence makes me uncomfortable. I think of Eric the whole time, wondering what he thinks of all this, wondering what he'll do once my father leaves...

"Is there a boy?"

Every hair on my body stands upright. I'm shocked I don't hit the floor right in front of him. My gaze lingers on the  bathroom door but soon I avert my eyes. I look at my father with a stern set to my jaw.