Chapter 6: The free and the drunk!

I'm not a nameless Dungeon Core anymore! Yay!

Unfortunately, it's a girl's name, and my soul is that of a man... Sigh...

After Nanya left and made me promise not to say the words of that blasted spell again, I remained alone in my room and began to wonder about many things regarding my nature. First of all, I came to realize that I was probably a unique Dungeon Core, but the status menu said Dungeon Lord. I forgot to ask Nanya if there was any difference between the two. Then again, never would I have imagined that my Godlike race had been extinct for thousands of years. Since I saw it there when I was asked to choose it, I thought it was a standard thing, and everyone would jump in to grab it. I thought the world was filled with such dungeons, not the other way around.

In the silence of that destroyed room, I quietly absorbed the nearby books. After I copied them with my magic, I returned them from where I took them. This way, I gained lots of spells, but unfortunately, none of them was a 'common sense' one. At the very least, I learned how to read and write, a skill which I saw most useful since I was supposed to be a Magic Academy. How did I accomplish such a feat? Well, there were a few books with learning material aimed at children. I studied those in my Inner Mind. Don't judge me for the name! I was conflicted about using: Inner Palace, The Great Beyond, The Darkness, Dream Land, or Inner Mind. I chose the latter because I found it to be the most logical one out of them.

Among all those books, there were a few on history lessons as well. That's how I came to learn that the world I was living in had three explored continents and a lot more unexplored ones. Nobody managed a trip around the world. Surprisingly, all of them were island continents the size of Australia. Thus, from what I gathered, this planet was bigger than Earth. The gravity force, however, seemed to be about the same. I tried it out by dropping random objects on the floor. If gravity was stronger here, I should have noticed a faster drop speed. As for where I was right now, I was on the second continent, Allasn. It was ruled by three powerful kingdoms: The Feyan Kingdom in the north, the Shoraya Kingdom in the south east, and the rest belonged to The Great Paramanium Empire, which also spread to the first one. My exact location was somewhere in the south east, in the Shoraya Kingdom. The language was shorayan as far as I could tell. Surprisingly, I didn't find a book regarding the creation of the world or one with the religions of this place, but it didn't bother me much, I was just curious about it.

There were a lot of books on traps and architecture. I dare say there were more of those than actual magic ones. The spells I learned didn't inspire any need to actually waste my skill points on them, so for the moment, they decorated my skill window begging to be used. They were the sort of junk spells you often found in games. You got max stats in something so you were left with extra points. As a result, you used them in skills you were 100% sure you wouldn't use in an actual battle, but looked fun or cool.

After I was done with the books, I got bored with them and began to test out my skills. I started by cleaning up the room. I simply absorbed everything and then using Construction skills, I rebuilt the broken window, walls, door, and furniture. Afterwards, I gathered all the debris and placed them in a free corner. For now, I didn't know what to do with it or if it could be reused in something.

Does this world even has recycling? I asked myself while staring at the pile.

Not long after I finished cleaning up, someone entered my room, it was the bearded fellow from before. He blinked surprised when he saw the whole place restored to how it used to be, or at the very least, there wasn't a carbonized desk behind me anymore.

"Oh, my!" Tuberculus was surprised.

"I... Er... cleaned up the place." I said.

"I can see that. Thank you!" he rubbed his beard and looked around curiously.