Chapter 19: The consequences of my actions...

The Urkin was stripped of all noteworthy materials, including the eyes and brain, which was no bigger than a baby's fist. Angius and Rufus received the report of the battle from me, while Nanya kept watch from far away. I made sure to leave out the small detail of her missing panties and what happened with me and Ayuseya that morning.

The sun had set by the time we were on our way back to the academy. Although I carried all three of them with my [Telekinezy] ability, only Nanya seemed to be in a bad mood. Angius and Rufus were talking about the bountiful harvest as well as how they could use the many materials for their classes. From what I heard, Zertan would be very pleased to get his hands on the Urkin's organs, but for what reason, even they didn't know.

After were arrived at the academy, Rufus and Angius returned to their rooms, while Nanya stayed back and waited until they were gone. I knew I was supposed to receive a long sermon from her, but instead of hearing how mad she was, there was a graveyard silence between us.

The teenage-looking teacher was staring at the ground with her hands crossed at her chest. She wore a difficult expression on her face as if something serious was troubling her. I was standing right there, in front of her.

A few minutes passed before she finally said anything, but her words weren't a scold, but a simple question.

"Illsy... did the Teslov princess ask you to rid her of her curses?"

There was no point in lying to Nanya, and I didn't wish to upset her anymore, so I spoke honestly.

"No... She was playing the violin in the gardens, and I happened to listen to her a couple of times. When I finally introduced myself, she didn't mention anything about them. It wasn't until I asked her why she was using the blackboard to speak that I found out. Since I really enjoyed listening to her play, I couldn't bear to know that such a talented player was robbed of her voice because of a stupid curse, so I offered to try to remove it for her. She actually didn't believe me at first and was very skeptical. Actually, she didn't even expect that I would try the family one. In the end, I cured them, but I don't see what the big deal is. I cured Shanteya as well." I shrugged.

They were just a bit costly. Honestly speaking, I'm wondering why the kingdom's priests weren't able to do it. If they worked together, maybe they could have gathered the required Magic Energy? I thought calmly, but I had no idea just how serious and important the removal of any sort of curse was.

"Illsy, I wasn't joking when I said those sort of things are impossible to remove." she told me with a serious expression on her face.

I gulped.

"What do you mean? I know they are costly, but..." I said.

"Costly? Illsy, even if a thousand priests gathered to undo a curse like that, it still wouldn't work. The previous kings of the Teslov empire tried various things to have themselves or their children free of it!" she retorted.

"But... what about dispels or purification spells?" I asked a bit confused by her words.

If what she was saying was the truth, then it was impossible for them not to have tried such methods.

"They tried it... but there's no spell capable of removing something like that. It's said that the 78th king actually tried black magic to remove it, but all he ended up doing was slaughter half of the mage population of the country and reduce the duration of the curse by 200 generations. Because of him, the Paramanium Kingdom was able to launch a preemptive strike and take over most of their territory. At that time, it was called The Great Draconic Teslov Empire, but after that king's mad act and the ensuing war, it became the Teslov Kingdom, vassal of the Paramanium Empire." she explained.