Chapter 12_1: My questions and Nanya's answers

"Have you calmed down, master?" asked my sweet Shanteya.

I was frustrated and a bit angry with what happened, but those feelings weren't directed at Nanya or anyone else but me. I was the fool who didn't think about trying to upgrade the skills. If I thought a little more, I would have remembered that many games allowed you to do something like that.

I'm such an idiot... I told myself.

"Sigh... Leave him be, Shanteya. I'm actually a bit surprised by the fact that he made this whole thing by cutting down trees and then processing them." said Nanya as she checked my shabby looking gazebo.

"But master didn't do anything wrong, nobody told him that he could do it with a skill." said Shanteya, trying to offer me a bit of moral support. It was sweet of her, but I honestly felt a bit like an idiot for all the trouble I went through.

"Hm, Illsy." Nanya called out.

"What?" I asked with a sniffle even though I couldn't cry.

"Why do you think you did something bad?" she asked.

"But, the gazebo... it's... it doesn't look good, right?" I replied because that was the truth. I tried my best to make it, but it was far from what a carpenter could do.

"Hm? It doesn't seem so to me." she told me with a smile and then took a seat on the chair closest to her.

"What? How can that be?" I asked.

"Look, I can sit down, admire the sky, you even made that small pond to reflect the moon's on its surface." she pointed out, but it was too early to see their reflection there.

"I know, but still..." I tried to excuse myself, but Nanya cut me off.

"Illsy, you did something another Dungeon Lord would have seriously declined because he simply saw no reason to make it. On the other hand, you tried your best with the little you had. Of course, if you used the advanced version of [Create a Room], then you would have completed this task in just a few minutes, but that doesn't matter. The gazebo built by [Create a Room] wouldn't have had the same feeling as this one, in which you used magic as little as possible. I'm talking about that pleasant feeling of using something handmade. I believe you should be proud of it. This gazebo is your creation made through hard work and not a simple snap of the fingers." she explained with a soft smile as she leaned back in the simple wood chair and looked up at the sky.

"I believe mistress Nanya is right, you should be proud of yourself master." said Shanteya.

I can't win against these two... I sighed and decided to pull myself out of that depressive hole before I sunk myself in it even further.

"Thank you, Nanya, Shanteya..." I told them, and they smiled back.

"Now, let's get those geezers here and start drinking! Nyhahaha!" the teenage looking woman laughed as she pulled out one of the bottles from Shanteya's basket.

"I'll let them know about it." I said and flew towards the signs of life I detected as the teachers of the Magic Academy Fellyore.

Besides Nanya, there were five others: Tuberculus, Zertan, Angius, Paladinus, and Rufus. They were all old men who taught various things at the academy. Going in their respective order: Nanya taught Magic History and Beginner Attack Spells; Tuberculus handled Intermediate Attack spells and Beginner Healing, which also included something like first aid and basic anatomy; Zertan handled anything related to Alchemy, Herbalism, and Potion Brewing; Angius was a security guard as well as the Martial Arts instructor; Paladinus taught Monster Handling and foreign languages, such as the Feyan language, the Paramanium language, and the Teslov language; and Rufus taught Mathematics, Economy, Survival Techniques, and Trapology or the study of Dungeon Traps.