Chapter 12_2: My questions and Nanya's answers

"I see..." I said and looked down for a bit.

Indeed, it was true. I never had any intent of harming anyone or denying the requests of the teachers. I was actually curious about what they were doing, what they were teaching, and how I could repair a lot of things. Although I complained a lot, I never did refuse to do it. The ethics and morals of the 21st century told me that only bullies, tyrants, and villains abused and overused their power no matter how great or small it was.

Power... The classic idea is for the strong to help the weak. It's cliché, but maybe it's not wrong. There's also that saying a certain web-slinger based his ideals upon, but I'm not a hero... I'm just the core of a dungeon... I contemplated the reason as to why I was given such a power in this world.

"But anyway, getting back to the previous question. Hic! How big was your territory when you were released?" she asked me again.

"Erm... 1 km in radius?" I answered, but as usual, the word 'kilometer' was changed to the equivalent word of this world, meaning 'Los'.

"How much do you think a Normal dungeon has at your current age and level? What about a Heroic dungeon?" Nanya asked me with a raised eyebrow.

"The same?" I replied.

She shook her head. I was wrong.

"For a Normal dungeon, it's 5 m when born and around 50 m at your current level. For a Heroic, it's 100 m when born and about 500 m or more when it's your level. That's the usual standard, but it varies depending on how old the dungeon is and how much Magic Energy they poured into it. Illsy, how much territory do you have right now?" she asked before taking a big gulp out of her bottle. The burning liquid inside was vanishing quite fast.

"About 3 km in radius..." I replied.

I blinked surprised and realized the huge difference between the two values.

That's a lot! I told myself.

"Exactly my point! You can already do so many things at your current level, which is nothing, wait until you reach lvl 100 or more! I wouldn't be surprised if you can outclass the Ancestral Dungeon said to be the strongest right now at 235 levels! Nyhahaha!" said Nanya with a chuckle and another 'Hic!' at the end.

"Indeed. Master, you should have more confidence in your own ability. Have you tried to build anything like an actual dungeon or labyrinth yet?" asked Shanteya.

"He should have, for a Dungeon Lord, it's instinctive." said Nanya.

I can't lie to them... I thought. "Yes, I did a few rooms of a maze, but just a few. I was told not to do them, right?"

"How many? 40? 50?" asked Nanya with an excited look in her eyes.

"Seven..." I replied embarrassed.

Her jaw dropped.

"Seven? As in not Seven teen or ty?" she asked.

"Yup, just seven."

"Traps?"

"None."

"Decorations?"

"A weird statue of a thingy..."

"Treasures?"

"None."

"Ilssy! Why didn't you make any? You are a Godlike Dungeon Lord, and you have only seven rooms? What's this? A joke?" she asked, but she sounded really disappointment.

"I just thought that it would be an inconvenience, or that I might break something..." I told her.

"We only told you not to make changes to the Academy itself, meaning the main building and dormitory! We were actually expecting you to build a great dungeon for us, where we could train the students!" she told me.