18

Chapter Eighteen

    "Vane sure loves to be flashy."

    "Who the hell is Vane?" I voiced out that exact thought. We've been waiting outside the airport for the past ten minutes and the scorching sun is making us sweat profusely.

    I followed his gaze and it landed on a gold Lamborghini Gallardo speeding on the highway. It looked out of place here in the province. Halos lahat ng kasabay namin ay doon din nakatingin. And what shocked me was when it parked directly in front of us. Bumukas ang pinto ng kotse at mula doon ay lumabas ang isang matangkad na lalaking naghuhumiyaw sa dating.

    "That's Vane," Alexander mumbled on my ear.

    It took me a while to take in the guy's overall appearance. His tousled blonde hair was flying in different directions. He looked too foreign to pass as a local. He had blue eyes, pale skin, and a smile full of mischief.

    He grinned at Alexander. "Welcome to the Bicol Region!"

    "Late." Alexander snorted. "You're late."

    Vane chuckled and raised both arms, looking not a single bit apologetic. "Sorry, man. You know I like to make a grand entrance, right?"
    "Where's my sister? Baka naman nadulas ka sa kanya na bibisita kami rito."
    "I told her my friends will come visit kaya she's preparing a feast! Don't worry, hindi ko sinabi. Masosorpresa 'yun kapag nakita ka niya and... Woah." Vane snickered as he cocked his head in my direction. "She's going to be shell-shocked. Hi!"

    "Hey," I responded. 

    "Introductions later, okay?" He motioned to the car. "For now, hop in."

    "That's a Gallardo. Lamborghini doesn't make four-seaters," I said, stating the problem. "I hope you don't expect to load me in the hood!"

    Tumawa ng malakas si Vane. "I like this girl." He patted the glinting hood of his supercar and winked at me. "This baby is limited edition. Four-seaters. No one will be occupying the hood, trust me. Come on in."

    Alexander took our luggage and loaded them at the back. When he was done, we both slipped inside the car, which to my surprise, does indeed have four seats.

    "Nice hair." He smiled from the mirror. "I'm Vane Clohessy, by the way. And you?"

    "Blythe Oenone Dominguez. It's nice meeting you."

    He twisted, extended his hand for a formal shake, but Alexander was quick to slap it away. He glowered at him and Vane set his hand down, chuckling. "Man, you got to chill."

    "Keep your dirty tactics to yourself."

    "What dirty tactics? I'm loyal." He was still grinning when he said that. I watched the two of them with fascination as they exchanged banters.

    "You better be or I will flay you alive if you cheat on Alexiana."

    "You're Alexiana's boyfriend?" Hindi ako makapaniwala. Ang sabi ni Daze sa akin, ang kakambal ni Alexander ay timid, prim and proper, at mahinhin. Hindi ko sila ma-picture na magkasama dahil si Vane ay masyadong energetic, palabiro, plus mukha siyang playboy movie star.

    "Yep!" he enthused. "The one and only."

    While he drove, Vane filled us in with updates about Alexiana. I mustered the courage to ask him how they love story started and he was more than happy to share it with us, despite Alexander's occasional frowns and groans. I really like how Vane can confidently and comfortably express how much he adores her, and it left me wondering if I will ever be loved the same way. I looked at Alexander and he had a bored expression on his face as he looked outside. He turned and looked at me.