4

Chapter Four

I tried my best to be professional while working with him. He poses, I take shots. No talking. No arguing. No anything. I kept my mouth shut because I was too angry to say anything, and besides I know myself too well. Alam kong kapag binuksan ko ang bibig ko ay walang magandang salitang lalabas dito.

Dumagdag sa stress ko ang kaalamang Alexander and pangalan ng damuhong 'yon. I don't say it out loud, pero may maliit na parte sa akin na naniwala sa hula ng matanda sa Quiapo ilang buwan na ang nakakaraan. Ang isa pang parte naman ay naniniwalang imposibleng may isang taong kayang makakita ng hinaharap.

It just doesn't make any sense.

"We're done here. Thank you, Mr. Alexander Monteverde, for gracing us with your presence," kinamayan niya si Terry. Tahimik lang ako na tinitignan ang mga shots niya sa camera. I did not have a hard time with him. Although Terry had to help him with some of the poses, it was obvious that his face and those features will do the trick. His natural nonchalance gave him a mysterious aura that will pique women's curiosity. His angled jaw was well-defined and I don't think there would be adjustments, other than the lighting, that we would have to do to his photos.

This guy, minus the salty attitude, is a work of art.

"You're welcome. Thank you, Terry." Inayos ko ang camera na nakasabit pa rin sa leeg ko bago siya nilingon. He was looking at me, intently, as if he was trying to unravel my thoughts.

"Thank you, Alexander," I said in a monotone. He nodded and shrugged. The guy didn't even have the decency to address me and say welcome before he went out. Humarap naman ako sa assistant ko pagkatapos. "I'll go ahead. Have Trina sort out the photos from last week's event. Tell her to pass it to marketing, so they can post it on our social media. Other than that, you guys can pack up and call it a day."
"Yess, boss!"

Dala pa rin ang camera, ibinulsa ko ang phone, at nagmamadaling lumabas. Nang makababa ako sa parking ay nakita ko na nakasandal si Alexander kay Ka Chow. Hinigpitan ko ang hawak sa bag ko bago lumapit.

"What are you doing? Bakit nar'yan ka?"
"That was quite a show you pulled earlier, Ms. Dominguez."

"Which? 'Yung nangyari sa parking or yung sinigawan kita sa taas?" My tone was laced with derision. I still haven't forgotten about his bold gesture of dropping a kiss on top of my head. It's infuriating.

"Both. I was trying to help you back in the parking lot this morning, but you're too feisty. Hindi ka ba marunong tumanggap ng tulong mula sa iba? And look at how you resort to shouting when you get frustrated. Dapat maging mas maamo ka," he scoffed while calmly crossing his arms. I had to resist the urge to smack him with my handbag.

"Maamo? Kung gusto mo ng maamo, mag-alaga ka ng tupa." Naningkit ang mata niya sa iritasyon na dala ng pabalang kong pagsagot. "Isa pa, don't lean on my car."

Inirapan ko siya bago sumakay. I sped off, leaving him behind. Because of too much weight on my chest, I decided to go to one of the places I find comforting. I made a quick detour at a local toy store to surprise the kids.

"Magandang hapon, madam." Binati ako ng matandang katiwala nang makababa ako ng kotse. Pinagbuksan niya ako ng gate at nginitian.

"Good afternoon din po. May pasalubong ako sa mga bata."

"Ay, nako! Paniguradong magugustuhan nila 'yan."

Habang naglalakad papunta sa main door ng orphanage ay namataan ako ni Trent, and isang batang lalaki na iniwan ng nanay niya sa mga pari noong dalawang taong gulang pa lang siya.