22 // chapter 15

luke and liv has their birthday 4th feburary same as me i feel cool

but i wont be writing so much about liz forbes's cancer because why???

#########

I was walking down the hall, to Caroline's dorm room. She's bored, and I have nothing better to do.

I saw an old man talking to somebody in one room, and when I looked inside, I saw Liv in her tshirt and shorts. I could hear her heart beating really fast. 

I waited behind a wall. I have no idea why I was concerned, we weren't friends.

As the man disappeard, I vamp sped to the door before she closed it.

"Hey Liv," I said and she jumped.

"Oh, hey Emma." She breathed out.

"That was close," I hear someone behind her, and see a shirtless Tyler.

His eyes widened. "Oh, hey Emma! What are you doing here?" He askes.

"Yeah, what's up?" Liv asks.

"Oh, I just heard your heart beating really fast while that old man was here, you alright?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"That's my dad. Today is my birthday," she said, biting her lip.

"Oh, I was just seeing if everything was alright. Happy birthday, by the way." I said as I stepped back, feeling kind of awkward. 

"Thanks," she said smiling at me, and she closed her door. 

I continued walking towards Caroline's room. 

"When a pair of twins are born into the coven, we have a Merge once the twins reach the age of twenty-two." I thought about Kai said when we were in Portland. If today is their birthday, doesn't that mean that they will do the merge? And Kai won't be the leader? 

I decided to brush it off, it wasn't any of my business. And the way Kai described their father, I don't think I will get involved in that.

I haven't seen Kai in two days now. Not a phone call, not a message, nothing. I really needed to see him now. I don't know what it is, but I need to see him.

I knocked on the door, and the door opened immediatly. And there standing was one happy Caroline.

"Hi!" She squealed and walked out of the door. "You look nice." She said to me, checking out my outfit.

"I'm wearing sweats?" I questioned. She walked down the hall. "Hey, you said we were just going to chill and watch movies!" I yelled after her.

"We have to get snacks and the movies first, dah." She said like I was stupid. I rolled my eyes and vamp sped so I was walking with her.

:::.

After walking in public looking really sexy, we got food and movies. We just ended up watching the Grey's Anatomy, like we always did. 

"How are you and Kai?" Caroline asked as I was almost falling asleep.

"He hasn't called me or anything in two days," I said quietly.

"When you are keeping count on how many days, I guess you really want to see him?" She asked. We weren't facing each other.

"Yeah." I replied shortly.

"How's your mom?" I asked. Stefan told me about her cancer, Duke and everything. Caroline hasn't said a word about it yet. 

"She's getting worse. Can we go and see my mom now? I just need to see her." She said and started change clothes.

"Of course."

:::::::::::::::....

I had a really bad feeling as we walked down the hall in the hospital. Some of the lights were flickering, and we were all just in a bad mood.

When we reached the hall that lead to her room, and we saw Elena running towards us.

"Kai took Jo, they are doing the merge." She said panicking, she was running her hands through her hair and looking in all directions.

"Where did he take her?" I asked.

"They are outside!" She said, and I immediatly vamp sped out of the hospital.

Why was he doing the merge now? I thought Jo had a month to practice.

The wind outside was blowing really hard now, and that only meant one thing; they were doing the merge, or they were doing some kind of spell that used a lot of magic. 

I ran outside and saw Kai and.. Luke? What the hell? I vamp sped to Jo, who was standing next to them.

"What the hell is happening?!" I yelled.

"They are doing the merge!" She yelled through the wind. They were chanting, holding hands. Didn't they have to be twins to do the merge? 

All  I could do was wait. I didn't want to interrupt it, like, what if I did something, and both died?

What if Kai died? What if I never got to know how he really felt about me? Because I have never been so afraid in my life as now. I have feelings for him, and I need to tell him that. I need to know if there ever would have been a future for us two.

Suddenly, their eyes glazed over. Their eyes turned completely white, and to be honest it was fucking creepy.

They both fell over, and while Jo rushed over to Luke, I rushed over to Kai.

The wind stopped blowing.

I kneeled beside him. "Kai, Kai wake up!" I patted his cheeks, before placing his head on my lap. I turned my head to Jo. "Why the hell isn't he waking up?!" I screamed.

"Luke isn't waking up either!" she shouted.

"Kai, wake up!" I screamed at him. "I need you! Don't you dare die!" I shaked him.

Suddenly I heard Jo gasping. I turned my head, and saw Luke's eyes open.

I looked at Kai. "Don't you dare die on me!" I cried into his chest.

Then I heard her crying, like sad crying. I was confused now, was Luke dead? I looked at Kai, and his eyes were slowly opening.

"Kai!" I breathed a sigh of relief, and hugged him as he sat up. "I thought you died!" I hugged him even harder.

"Emma?" He whispered, and I looked into his eyes. "You won," I smiled.

The smile on his face grew bigger, and I had to kiss him. I pressed my lips on his, and I was so happy he was alive. He was smiling while we were kissing, and I pulled away slowly.

"Can you stop doing these kind of stuff that makes me think that you're dead?" I laughed as tears were streaming down my face.

"I'm going to try," He said, leaning his forhead against mine.

I stood up, and saw Damon running towards us. I walked towards Luke. Liv and their father also showed up, behind Damon.

"Oh, my God. Luke. He's gone. He saved me and he's gone." Jo started to cry even more.

"You win some, you lose some." We all looked up to Kai, who had this evil grin on his face. "Except for me. I always win."

############3

this is so badly written i'm sorry