love & empathy // chapter 16

Kai disappeard after the merge last night. Last night was so confusing, and nobody understood what was going on. Jo told us that Luke found a loophole; they were both 22, and the same bloodline. He said he was stronger than Liv, so Luke would rather die than to live with the fact he killed Liv.

I actually learned Kai's fathers name, it was Joshua. Joshua left town last night. He tried to drag Liv with him, but Tyler refused. Jo was still crying when I left. I think Damon helped her with the body, I don't know.

I was currently at home. Stefan is with Caroline, cause' Bonnie has birthday today and they are buying cupcakes, or whatever. And Elena and Damon are also here.

I stood up from my bed, and put on grey sweatpants and a black tshirt. I grab all of my hair, and put it in a ponytail.

I walk out of my room, and it was dead silent.

I walk into the living room, and see Elena and Damon making out on the sofa. God I hated 'Delena', it was just.. cruel. Cruel to Stefan, in my opinion.

"If you are going to bang inside my house, go get a room." I spat as I walked past them.

They sat up straight, and Damon kissed her cheek before saying "I'll be right back."

Damon disappeard, and Elena walked over to me. "What is your problem?" She said, with a disgusting look over her face.

I laughed. "Are you really asking me that question? Why I have a problem with a girl who dated both of my brothers, broke one of my brothers hearts, and made my brothers turn their backs to one another?" I said in her as I poured some bourbon into a glass.

"I can't help my feelings," She said.

"Whatever," I said.

She looked shocked. I was shocked too, I never spoke like this, not to anyone. "I'm sorry, Elena. There's so much going on right now." I said, rubbing my temple.

"But you meant it." She said, crossing her arms.

"You were not the one holding your brother, because his one true love picked his brother. You didn't hear him cry. So yeah, sorry if I'm being rude, but that's all I think about when I see you. Sorry I don't ship you two," I said and walked away. I turned around, "Stefan is my little brother, I'll always support him no matter what." I said.

Caroline, Stefan and Bonnie walked into the house with loads of boxes. "We have cupcakes!" Stefan shouted.

I walked over to Bonnie. "Happy birthday!" I said and gave her a hug.

"This box is special for you my sister," Stefan walked over to me and handed me a small box.

"Thanks," I said and kissed his cheek. Stefan probably brought me my favorite Vanilla cupcakes, like he always did when he was extra happy with me. I decided to spend the day in my room. I'm just not in the mood to celebrate Bonnie. "Hey, I'm not feeling well, I'm going to bed." I said to them, before disappearing to the hall.

Before I reached my room, there was a knock on the door. I vamp sped to the door, and opened it. My eyes widened when I saw Kai.

I immediatly closed the door so the other's wont see him. "What are you doing here?!" I whispered loudly.

"I need to talk to you," He said. I grabbed his arm, and vamp sped us to my room so the other's wouldn't see us.

I closed the door, and locked it so the other's wouldn't come in.

I turned around, and saw Kai chanting. "You serious?" I asked, and crossed my arms waiting for him to finish whatever the hell he was doing.

"I casted a spell so the other's wont hear us, so you know." He said, taking off his jacket and shoes and jumping into my bed. "Yum cupcakes!" He smiles, and grabs one from the box.

He was staring at me. "So?" I ask, didn't he want to talk?

"Oh, yeah, sorry. You just look hot today. You probably know this, but I'm a sociopath. I like being a sociopath. Because, I don't need to deal with things like guilt or love. So then this merge happened with my brother Luke, and I won, which was great because I absorbed his ability to do magic, but now I can't stop thinking about how Luke died, how Liv's life is ruined. For some horrible reason, I can't shake how badly I feel about it. And I can't stop thinking about you." He said, blushing as he looked down at his lap.

I smile. "There is not much you can do about it Kai. You can say sorry, but it better be one hell of an apology, because I don't think she will forgive you. You probably got some of his qualities also, like empathy." I said, sitting on my knees. I took Kai's hand, and started to play with his fingers.

"Emma, I haven't stopped thinking about you either." He said, smiling like an idiot.

"Oh?" I smirked at him.

"Emma, I'm so sorry for what I did. It was not necessary of me to break your neck, I could have just asked, and I'm sorry for freaking out and slamming you against the wall." He said, intertwining our fingers. "And I'm sorry for ignoring you."

"Apology accepted," I said and kissed his lips.

"Emma?" he asked as we slowly pulled apart.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking into his eyes.

"I have feelings for you too."

############

AWW but they not togheter  because holla at me

i think this book will like be thirty chapters sorry if im going fast?? haha no