More Than Meets The Eye -12-

^^ I find this quite shocking myself :) Not too shocking as the future chapters will be!! ^^ Hope you like it :)

Autumn was flung back, the breath knocked out of her when her back slammed down on the cobblestone path with Opal’s full weight on top of her.

“Opal! Opal calm down!” Will shouted, his voice sounding distant from the sudden ringing in Autumn’s ears.

“Will!” Autumn shouted desperately, feeling Opal’s sharp nails digging into her arms and clawing at her face. “Will –” She let out a gasp of breath, her back still aching when Opal was hauled off of Autumn’s front.

“Let go of me!” Opal screamed, gaining attention of other passing bystanders.

Alarmed, Autumn struggled to her feet, her head having some sort of dizzy spell after the contact with the concrete pathway. “Opal what’s wrong? You’re the one who wanted to see me!”

Opal screamed at the top of her lungs, biting at Will’s fingers when he tried to restrain her. “No! You killed Jenna! You’re the one who killed her! Jamie sent us all a message and he only told me and Will about the security tape!”

“What?” Autumn shouted, upset. “What are you talking about?”

“Opal, if you calm down, I swear you can do what you want,” Will said urgently, hugging the screaming little actress in his arms. “Come on Opal be brave – for Jenna.”

With Jenna’s name mentioned, Opal slumped, darkness flitting across her features. A hard gaze landed on Autumn’s shrinking figure, the iciness evident in Opal’s dark eyes. “You. You murderer. You helped kill Jenna.”

“What are you talking about?” Autumn cried, ready to burst into tears from the accusation. “Opal you don’t understand – I don’t even understand what you’re talking about!”

“I . . . I can’t believe it,” Opal whispered, her voice trembling. “Will why didn’t you tell her?”

Will froze, his arms still interlocked around Opal’s quivering form. When Autumn stared at him with the most hurt expression on her face, Will felt absolutely petrified. “Autumn –”

“What is going on out here?”

Opal’s father came barging out, an alarmed look on his face when he saw Opal’s position. “Opal –”

“No dad, I’m fine; Will’s protecting me,” Opal said simply, never tearing her gaze from Autumn.

Autumn felt her arms start to tremble at her sides, watching Will tighten his grip around Opal. A twinge of jealousy shot through her yet she forced it down and clenched her teeth. “What is going on?”

“Dad, please go inside,” Opal said, her voice hard and cold.

Autumn was grateful that one pair of eyes had fled; however, there were numerous bystanders and neighbours looking outside the windows at the three actors.

“We need to go see Jamie now anyways,” Will said, releasing Opal and kept an arm outstretched to the distraught girl. “Opal, get into my car.”

With one last hard glare, Opal spun on her heel, her tunic flying out behind her and stormed into Will’s car.

“And all of you,” Will said with a forced smile. “That was just a little impromptu act that we had to put on for you – a little taste of the drama in our next season. How did you all like it?”

Trust Will to come up with an excuse to save our butts, Autumn thought, clenching her fists and forced a smile when cheers arose from the random audience.