More Than Meets The Eye -17-

READ ON IF YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE TRUTH!!! About Jenna . . . o.O is she really who you all think she is? :O

And what's up with Sage?? ^.^ this is a special birthday chapter . . . so yeah. Thanks for getting this far guys ^.^

Autumn felt her knees collide with the concrete flooring in shock, her head shaking so vigorously she thought it would fall off any time soon. She clutched the gloves with white knuckles, her heart racing so far it was hard to keep up with the pumping of blood roaring in her ears.

“Don’t black out on me because I’m only going to ditch you,” the stern voice snapped, clearly annoyed more than ever. “Now answer me!”

Autumn was forced back onto her feet and slammed into the wall by an incredibly strong force. She fell out of her dazed, shocked state and blinked straight into the deep onyx orbs of the girl.

“Your sister . . . your sister is Jenna Nocturne?” Autumn stammered out, unable to believe it.

The girl let out a hoarse laugh and let Autumn go with a rough shake of her hands. “Yeah – but I’m only three minutes younger than her. She’s not my sister anymore; she’s gone.”

Autumn’s head snapped up, anger heating her cheeks. “Don’t say that – and about your own sister too!” She paused, her jaw dropping. “That makes you her twin . . .”

The girl raised an eyebrow, ignoring Autumn’s last statement. “I tried to warn her. I tried to warn her so many times but she never listens to me.” She let out a frustrated groan and smacked a gloved palm to her head.

“What are you talking about?” Autumn demanded, bewildered. “How come you’re Jenna’s sister? I mean you look alike structure-wise . . . but I’ve never heard of you.” Maybe a little too alike.

“That’s because she’s ashamed of her own family,” she sneered disbelievingly and shook her head. “I tried to warn her that if she didn’t get into the family business properly – even though it was illegal stuff – she would face the consequences. And now they’ve come.”

“What are you talking about?” Autumn repeated more boldly. They’ve come . . . the words echoed through Autumn’s head.

Why?

It was Jenna’s very last words.

The girl looked her straight in the eye with a weird look. “You don’t know anything about this whole crap do you?”

Autumn shook her head miserably, feeling a lump rise in her throat. “That’s what I’m trying to figure out.” She paused, eyeing the girl warily. “What can you tell me about this whole thing? I mean I’ve figured a bit out . . .”

She let out another raspy, hoarse laugh. “Tell you what; if you have questions, I’ll consider answering them. I’d like to see where you’re going with this.

Consider answering them?” Autumn snapped in annoyance. “You’re like the evil version of Jenna!”

Jenna’s sister merely raised an eyebrow. “You know you’re talking to a very skilled illegal street fighter.”

“I’ll take my chances,” she said boldly, feeling a twinge of fear. “All right; I know that some guy killed her for a reason. I managed to get a look at the back of him and he had some neck tattoos – snakes to be precise. I think they’re Vipers. That’s what this Viper Cult is, isn’t it?”