The Injured Demon

Your POV

After dinner, we all gathered in the living room for some family time. We laughed, smiled and had fun; things we haven't had in the longest time. While we were watching BEN play against Jeff in a match of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, a knock on the door resounded throughout the house. All heads turned to the door as a pain-filled cry sounded outside. I quickly got up and rushed to the door and opened it. What I saw made me gasp. Outside lay Zalgo on the porch. His red cape was wrapped around his chest and it seemed part of his cape was a deeper red. "Who is it, Y/n?" I heard the voice of Slenderman.

"Slender, can you come here please."

I heard footsteps and then a gasp and growl. "Zalgo."

"Hello, Slenderman." He said weakly with a weak smile on his face.

"What are you doing here? You know you're not welcome here!"

"I know but I need to be patched up."

He removed his cape from his chest and my eyes widened. On his chest lay three deep gashes down his chest. Old blood and freshly made dripped from the wounds as I rushed over. "I'm not helping you, Zalgo. You don't deserve to be attended to by us."

"Please, Slenderman. If you do this for me I will give you important information!"

"I said no! My answer is final!"

My fingers grazed over his wounds and I said, "Slender, I know it's none of my business but his wounds are deep. He could either die from blood loss or from the wounds getting infected. If you would allow me to, I would patch him up and send him on his way when I was done."

Slender seemed like he cocked an eyebrow at me while he said, "He married you and took you away from us. He forced you into birthing him a child and yet you want to heal him?!"

I nodded. "I know it's not my place to heal him for what he has done to me and to this family but he could give us valuable information. He could tell us where Sally, Laughing Jack Jr. and Laughing Kyle are. So please just let me do this for everybody's benefits."

Slender sighed and nodded. "Alright. I'll help him inside."

Slender wrapped his tentacles around shoulders as I grabbed his hand. He smiled down at me and said, "Thank you so much for doing this, Y/n."

"Don't mention it."

When all three of us walked in, everybody gasped. "Y/n, get away from him!"

"Jack, I'm just going to patch him up and then send him on his way."

We led Zalgo down into the basement, where I him lay down on the table. "I can take care of the rest, Slender. Thank you."

"If you need anything just yell, alright Y/n."

"Okay."

I turned to Zalgo, who had removed his cape so I could reach him better. "Let's get started shall we?"

He nodded. I grabbed a bottle of hydroxide and put it on a patch. I turned to Zalgo and said, "This might sting a little but it'll get rid of any infection."

I slowly laid the patch on one of his wounds making Zalgo clutch the table and grit his teeth. I then started to clean the rest of them and when that was done, I had him sit up so I could wrap gauze around his wounds. As I wrapped another layer of the bandage, Zalgo's eyes widened as he stared at my back. "Y/n, what happened to your wings?"

"I was in the forest when I was knocked out. However did it then proceeded to cut off my wings so now I can't fly until my wings grow back."

"I'm sorry, my dear. But I can tell you it wasn't me who did it."

"How do I know you're not lying? How do I know that this is not a trick."

Zalgo grabbed my hand and held it to his chest. "I would never lie to you, Y/n. I may have done horrible things in the past but you must believe me when I say that I wasn't the one who cut off your wings. I would never hurt you."

His black claws stroked my hair but I pulled away. I snipped the gauze off with my fangs and started to put everything away. I turned to him and said, "You're all finished, Zalgo. I suggest you leave before Slender gets angry."

"Thank you, Y/n."

"Your welcome, Zalgo."

He stood up from the table and gave me a hug. "If you do need anything, just call my name and I'll be here as soon as possible."

"Alright."

He let go and I led him to the front door. With a final goodnight he left the property, leaving me to wonder if he could be trusted.