-Some Crazy Mirage-

The plane arrived at about 5:30 in California, and I was fully rested, except for the whole way there, Acacia wouldn't shut up about her plans for the next 4 years. Though she doesn't know that I completely tuned her out. After getting off the plane , we grab our bags from the bag return and start towards the road to call a taxi, which is my only transportation, that is until I get to my aunts house and borrow her car. 

"Ugh I'm so exhausted," Acacia grumbles. I just look at her and shake my head, laughing.

"I bet, you talked the whole way, I'd be exhausted too." I smile and call a taxi, pulling my bags along.  It's so hot that I literally think mars would be cooler. We hop into the taxi and I pull out my phone, posting to twitter 'Landed in Cali, off to college we go.' Acacia looked at me and her phone dinged. 

"Ugh, your twitter posts." she muttered angrily.

"Oh, Jesus, someones cranky."    

"Well, wouldn't you be mad if your phone was blowing up all the time and- and all the stupid notifications cluttering the front of your screen? Yeah, I would be. And that's exactly my reasoning," she pauses for a few seconds, knowing her I waited, because lord knows she isn't done. "And!" she throws her hand up dramatically, looking at me, "It's just the world, like stupid people with Taco Bell in their bios and like all their basic personalities, it's just politics these days-"

"Whoa," I cut her off, "Acacia, you've started talking about politics, this is where I stop you. Its scary." I pat her arm gently and give her a reassuring smile. "It'll be okay, shh. You're okay." I continue to pat her arm. Knowing shes having one of her little fits. "Is it that time of month?" I ask her. 

"Yeah, well SO WHAT. That's not why I am upset, I am genuinely upset about taco bell being in peoples bios, like no. I'm upset because I am a teenage girl for only one more year, I am allowed!! God!" she yells, on the verge of tears. Definitely that time of month.  

"Ladies, you've arrived." the taxi drivers shouts. I sigh and get out, grabbing my bags from the back of the cab. Acacia angrily follows beside me, huffing occasionally. I walk into the main office and smile politely at the office lady, feeling like I'm pulling around a 5 year old child who's having a fit. Opening the door I let Acacia in first and follow behind her. 

"Hi there ladies! Can I help you?" the office lady asks, might I add, a little too enthusiastic. 

"Yeah, actually, I need our dorm room keys." I say. 

"Oh, alright, are you rooming together?" she asks. 

"Yep."

"Okay, and your names?" she smiles again.

"Acacia Woods and Alice Thompson."

She fidgets with the computer, "Stupid thing," she laughs "It says you two aren't rooming together," she throws her hand up as if to say 'can you believe this?' .

I laugh " Yeah, weird." 

She hits the computer as if that would solve it, "Well, ladies, our systems are saying that you two aren't in the same dorm? I have no clue whats up with that, but you two do have roommates, its just unfortunately that you two aren't with each other." she makes a face, implying that she can't do anything about it. 

"Well, can't you just switch us back together?" I ask, feeling nervous, because if me and Acacia aren't together, than who am I with? 

"Unfortunately, I can't do that right now, unless the other dorm mate agrees to it." she says. Well, great! So this shouldn't be a problem, I'm sure the other person will want to switch just as much as I do. 

"Okay, cool!" I smile and punch Acacia softly in the arm. "Isn't that awesome?" I ask her. "It's an easy fix." 

"I'm going to give you your assigned room keys and you can go meet the other person and convince them to switch! Totally awesome!" she says, acting like she's -let me word it like she would- a 'hip' teenager.  But really she looks about like a 40 year old woman, don't get me wrong, she's extremely nice, but she's also a bit.. how do I say this, curvy. And definitely should not be trying to rock a crop top, like she currently is. She hands us our keys and we drag our stuff all the way through the halls that smell of beer, sweat, and some other smell I can't barely pin-point, but If I had to guess, I'd say it was puke. Lovely. 

Once we arrive at my dorm room, I give her a hug and tell her to be nice when she first meets her roommate (so she doesn't piss them off on the first day, therefore making them disagree to switch.) She smiles, "I'm so sorry, I'm such a crappy friend, I just, life gets so overwhelming sometimes, what even is life?" she says, again, on the verge of tears. She's way too moody, dear lord this is never going to work out. I can see her pissing them off the moment the door swings open.

"Yeah, okay sweetie, go on." I turn her around by her shoulders shoving her lightly down the hall. 

"You're such an amazing best friend. I mean, I just love you." she blows me a kiss, I shake my head laughing. 

I nod at her, putting the key into the door, slowly pushing it open, I look around and don't see anyone, so I continue into the dorm. I freeze in my tracks when I see who my roommate is, grabbing onto the door frame for balance. I blink a few times, to see if It's some crazy mirage. But it isn't.

A/N -

Thanks for continuing to believe in my writing abilities, and continuing to chapter two! Ahaha, sorry this is so short I just felt like It was a good stopping point for the night. I will make the next chapter longer. Don't forget to tell me what I can fix, what I could improve on and blah blah blah. Love youuuu! Btw, Lily Collins is playing Acacia, So the girl in the media strip is acacia(:

You're amazing,  xoxo -shan