Magnetic Pull

I shut the door, my head spinning about what Carter just said. 'I know you just got home' ..? Maybe he just assumed? no. That wouldn't make any sense. No one just assumes something so specific. Maybe he saw me in the parking lot coming into the building? Even so, that's still creepy in its own way. Was he watching me? My mind is still running in circles and apparently my face was showing everything because Dakota comes closer to me, putting his finger under my chin, kind of ducking to look me in the eyes. "You okay champ?" he says with a smirk popping up in the corner of his mouth.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine, why?" I say defensively backing away from his touch.

"You look like you're trying to figure out a complex math problem in your head. Didn't want you to think too hard and pop a blood vessel in that pretty little forehead." He says, scrunching his nose in this cute way I've never seen before.

"Quit complementing me, weirdo" I shoot back.

"Oh, and is captain nerdy pants gonna, like, poke me in the chest if I don't?" he laughs, amused at his stupid sense of humor and I almost laughed too, but stopped myself. "YOU were gonna laugh, I saw it in your eyes! So, what, already bored with McNerdy?" he probes.

"Oh please, will you stop? He's more of a gentleman than you or any other guy I've met could ever be. He's.. perfect." I know I'm not as convincing as I should be when I say this, but the thought of Carter possibly watching me hasn't been dealt with in my head yet.

"Whatever, you wish I'd be a gentleman to you. You're just sore because I'm not. If I wanted to, I would be Alice." he says flatly, backing away and sitting at the table eating his stupid food with this accomplished look on his face.

"As much as I'd love to keep entertaining this bullshit conversation, I have better things to do." I smile at him in the fakest way possible and head back into the room. I have to go to my aunts later tonight because I missed this morning, I don't have time for this crap going on between me and Dakota, or even the suspicion around Carter. I'm probably overthinking everything. He's given me no reason to think he's a creep. All but one weird sentence and I'm not going to throw away something so good over something so stupid.

I get dressed, picking out a red corduroy high-waisted skirt with an oversized white sweater, then throw on some black fishnet tights and some boots. Looking outside I notice the weather seemed colder, October just around the corner the air was getting slightly more crisp. Classes start in a couple weeks and I still have yet to get all the supplies I need. Ugh, fuck all this stress honestly.

I turn quickly away from my window and bump into a firm chest. "OH my god" I say as I slam into him. I look up to see Dakota looking down on me, his hands gripping my waist to brace me from falling backwards. I don't know why were sitting here stuck chest to chest. Any normal people would pull back and apologize at this point. Dakota and I just stare into each others eyes, I can feel his chest rising up and down on my chest. His hand starts to slide up my back, under my sweater. I just KNOW my skin is hot under his fingertips, but I cant seem to pull back. My eyes are glued onto his expressionless face, watching mine for any slight clue as to how I'm feeling.

The room is so quiet, the only sound is the sound of our staggered breath. Not a word being spoken. The burning wonder in the back of my mind is screaming at me to find out what it would feel like to release myself to his trap. To feed into this dangerous game we're playing right now. My hand finds its way from his chest to his neck. "I can feel you shake... under my touch." he says so quiet and deeply. His eyes are tracing my entire face. "Tell me why you resist this." he demands.

"I-I.." I cant from a sentence correctly. To be quite honest, in this exact moment I can't seem to come up with a reason as to why I resist it in the first place. So I shake my head, not breaking eye contact. His hand placed on my lower bare back presses me closer to his body.

"Fucking kiss me." he says, with this hungry look written all over his face. I crash my lips onto his, no thought in the world other than the way his body feels against mine. Our lips move so softly, but so intense at the same time. His teeth graze my bottom lip, putting the littlest bit of pressure on them. I can feel my breath pulled from my lungs as soon as he does this. As we kiss, he turns us around, laying us on the bed. His hand tracing up my fishnets, pulling at them slightly. I feel the most intense feeling spreading from between my legs. Aching, begging to be touched. Everywhere our body connects sparks the most amazing feeling. His hand reaches my neck as he places the lightest pressure on each side, squeezing only to let me know he's in control here.

"Dakota.." I breathe out between contact between our lips. He pulls away slightly, noticing the lust in my eyes and I grab a fistful of his hair behind his head, pulling our faces so close, our noses touch.

"Don't speak." He says quietly. I whimper, weak under this mans touch. He places his hand on my cheek, not kissing me, just looking at me while he lays over top of me. Our bodies feel as if they're melting together. His thumb traces over my cheek, then he kisses it. I don't recognize this Dakota. I don't recognize the way he appreciates every part of me. I notice the freckle on his cheekbone, the way his eyes sparkle. Then he does the most unexpected. He slowly leans down and buries his head into the space between my neck and shoulder, hugging me. I trail my hands down his back, I feel his breath on my neck, his lips grazing my collar bone. My heart feels like its been woken up. I'm flooded with feelings that came out of nowhere. I hold him tight, as we embrace each other.

We lay there, hands just exploring, holding each others bodies, running circles in slow motion. I'm lost in this moment. The tension between the two of us built up over the last couple weeks. And this feeling needed no introduction. It was immediate from the moment I spoke to him. We lay there for a while, time has no meaning at this point. I finally say "Dakota?"

He pulls his head up, kissing my jaw a couple times before answering, "Hm?"

"What just happened?" I say softly.

"I feel this magnetic pull to you, Alice. I couldn't go another day without feeling your skin on mine. It's addicting. The feeling of our lips together. My thoughts don't leave you alone. And the worst part is there is no logical explanation to why I feel this way. I want to be so close to you. I try to push those thoughts away. I tried to switch roommates. I don't do this. I don't feel things like this ever. I've never experienced someone whos just pure existence is so addicting. I know you're with Carter but I wanted to do this before things got too serious between you two." he breaks eye contact as he says this.

Before I have a chance to even think, I hear myself say, "I'm not with Carter." The way I just felt, not even Carter made me feel. And, I don't know if its the surge of endorphins from what just happened, but I don't want this to be the last time I feel this way.

A/N

Hello beauties <3 You're all seriously amazing for being patient. I have the next chapter written already and will be posting tomorrow. Love love love you guys. Thank you for the support.

-Shan