-Apologies-

I manage to hop in the shower, my mind is going 400 miles an hour. I just kissed Dakota. I just kissed..Dakota. I run my hand over my face and look at my feet, water running down the drain. I can't actually comprehend what I just did. The emotion I feel coursing through my body is unnatural. Does he feel the same way? It doesn't matter. It was a mistake. I have a date tonight, holy crap do I have a date tonight. With a handsome nerd.

After showering I get ready, blasting some Jon Bellion in the bathroom. A part of me is terrified of going into the bedroom because Dakota could be waiting there. I crack the door open, looking to find him waiting but all I see is an empty bed and some shoes. Making sure I was completely dressed this time I walk into the room, grab my phone and venture out into the empty parking lot. It is so unbelievably hot here that I can barely breathe.

"Alice." I hear a voice behind me and my whole body freezes. It feels as if ice was dumped all over me. Turning slowly I see the face that haunts my dreams.

Blake.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I ask him, not pleasant at all. He glances at my legs, or maybe the ground, either way it isn't okay.

"I just wanted to..apologize." He stumbles.

Apologize? Is this guy insane? "That's hilarious. Blake. You almost raped me. YOU DRUGGED ME." I yell. A couple people look over at us and I look down not realizing how loud I was.

"Shh keep your voice down please, I'm really not proud of what I did. I was drunk, Alice. I genuinely like you. And I guess my drunk ass wasn't sure what to do get your attention. So I ..I did drug you. And I can't imagine how much of a monster I look like to you." I see pain in his eyes, but I can't forgive him for what he did.

"Blake, I appreciate your apology. But there's no way that I would ever be able to forgive you. What you did was traumatizing." I explain. I hope he understands where I'm coming from. Part of me pity's him. I can't imagine what it's like to be him. Doing something you regret but can never fully be forgiven. There's always going to be that guilt. "If I have any suggestion it would be to forgive yourself, and never do that again. Never purchase those pills. Don't give yourself the opportunity when drunk." He looks me in the eyes and I see tears welling in them.

"I'm sorry." He says so low that it's not exactly audible. Before I can say anything he turns around and walks the other way.

My heart breaks for Blake but there's nothing I can do to change what he did. There's no way I could trust him. The sound of sirens breaks me out of my trance. Forgetting what i was doing I pad over to my car and hop in. The air conditioning blaring into my face I take a deep breath.

After driving around for a few hours, shopping in a few stores, I picked up some new outfits and I notice that it's already 6pm. The day literally flew by and I decide to head back to the dorm. Oh but here's the problem, my roommate is uncontrollable.

When I arrive at the dorm I open the door and find Dakota sitting in the couch eating a pouch of chicken nuggets from Burger King.

"Alice! Hey..I mean how's it going? Where were you?" He recovers smoothly. Not really. And I internally laugh at his awkward behavior.

"I'm fine, what about you?" I ask him. The awkwardness in the air is killing every cell in my body.

"Uhm..you know. I'm okay." He says, shoving a nugget in his mouth. At this point he's leaning against the wall, in his sweats with no shirt. I've gotten used to this sight. "Can we uh..." he chews loudly and finishes his food at this point, then resumes "talk about what happened earlier?"

"There's nothing to talk about Dakota." I say simply, wanting to focus on my date in a couple of hours.

"So you're saying your tongue wasn't just in my mouth?"

"Nope. I have no idea what you're talking about. Listen it's 7 and I have no time for this. I have a date in an hour." Before letting him finish I dash into my room. I throw on my cute over the shoulder dress. I decide to curl my hair because my mom always told me I have beautiful blonde hair and that I should never hide it. So leaving it down and curly should do the trick. After applying some red lips and putting in some cute wedges I head out into the living room.

I notice Dakota looking but ignore him because as soon as I walk out I hear a knock on the door. Walking over there I smooth out my hair, why do I need to be nervous. It'll all be okay. Alice, get it together. I open the door.

"Wow." Is the first word out of his mouth. I can't say anything because he looks so handsome. He's got a black tee shirt and black jeans on. Here he looks so rough. Less geeky. And it is so attractive.

"Hi." I say awkwardly.

"Hey." He smirks. "Are you ready?"

"Of course Carter." I smile.

"Don't be out too late. 10 is your curfew." Dakota yells. I roll my eyes. If he thinks he's controlling me he's so wrong. Instead of waving as I leave I flip the middle finger behind me, slamming the door.

"Nice environment I see you have in that dorm room." Carter jokes. Clearly evaluating my relationship with Dakota.

"Oh you don't know the half of it." I laugh to myself. "Where are we going?" I ask him, nervous I overdressed.

"We are going to my favorite rooftop cafe." He says looking down at me with the softest gaze. His favorite? Does he do this often or.

"You look so beautiful by the way." He adds.

"Thank you, you look ..different." Shit. Should I have said that another way.

"Different? Good or bad?" He smirks.

Thinking for a while I reply, "Good." And smile up at him.

"Let's get going, yeah?" He asks me.

"Yeah." I say. In this moment I am hopeful. In this moment I am happy.

a/n
Thank you guys for still reading. I am kicking it back up again! I'll be updating way more frequently. I appreciate the support. Bear with me as I get back in the groove. Sorry if these last two chapters suck. I haven't wrote in forever and am trying to get the hang of it again!