-Flirtatious Fuck-

I look over at Acacia who's just staring at me wide eyed.
"Who in gods heavenly name was that?" She smirks at me.
"Oh, well. I met this guy named Carter and, well, I might just be
trying things out with him." I say, watching Dakotas stiff stance in the corner of my eye as he pretends to be on his phone, glancing up every now and again.
"WHAT. And you never thought to tell me?" She yells.
"No, it just happened the other day. Too much has been going on." I explain. She nods but I can tell she's hurt that I wasn't more open. What was I supposed to do? After the exhausting hangover I felt that day I didn't exactly have it in me to be that excited.
What was really bothering me was Dakotas energy. I could feel the jealousy, I could feel his anger literally across the room. I look over at him and he's leaning against the wall on his phone, he glances up when I look and raises his eyebrow. I play into it. Because if I didn't, who would I be?
"I'm sorry. Come help me pick out an outfit for tonight? Or better yet, let's go shopping for some lingerie." I glance at Dakota who is curiously glaring at me.
"Already? Alice it's the first date honey." She laughs and then notices Dakota and I glaring. I see the aha-moment forming in her brain.
"Ooh.. YEAH. And let's buy a shit ton of condoms because ..you can never be too, uhm ..too prepared. Oh and while we're at it why don't we just go ahead and buy some baby clothes, this guys a winner." She scrambles to play into my game.
I look at her, mouth slightly open, with a look that says "dial it down."
She grabs my arm and we walk into my room. "So you're trying to make the dopey dip jealous?" I laugh at her word choice and sigh.
"He just feels like he owns me or something and I'm done with it." I say. "If he wants to play that game I can play that game."
Where do I even begin with Dakota. Obviously he's attractive and, well isn't that the only thing about him, really? Flirtatious fuck. That's him. Speak of the devil he walks into the room.
"Sorry to barge in but I need my shit." He smiles the fakest smile I've seen yet and grabs some clothes to shower. As soon as he walks into the bathroom I pull Acacia aside.
"We aren't really going shopping today, but you need to go take those papers to the lady in the office so we can figure out this dorm thing." Not like I'm trying to kick her out, but this weird part of me wants alone time with Dakota. And no, not in any flirty way or not because I want to do anything. But because I want to actually know him. All I seem to see from him is a kid who wears a shell. A shell that you can't get past. The only thing on the outside is the part that seems most put together. But inside every person is the ugliest part. Sometimes the ugliest part is most attractive.
"Okay, I'll go today. But promise me we can hang out sometime this week?" She begs.
"I pinky promise." I smile and hug her.
Acacia leaves and I start to pick out outfits for tonight. I don't want to seem like Im trying too hard. But I also don't want to come across lazy like I don't care. I also don't know where he's taking me. So many questions are running through my mind. Because he's smart does he get offended by girls who are too dressy? Too much makeup? I finally make up my mind and set aside a cute casual off the shoulder dress.
I pull down my pajama shorts and walk over to my dresser to pick out an outfit for today. As I'm reaching for the jeans in my dresser the bathroom door opens and I turn around. Dakotas standing there with a towel around his waist. And let me tell you, this towel is so low it's almost not doing its job. I realize I'm staring at his lower body and instantly regret it when I look at his face. He's smirking at me. Smirking!
"W-what?" I say half confidently.
"You tell me." He continues to look at me with that look and the room is instantly hotter. I can't tell if it's because of the steamy air coming from the bathroom or if it's because of the way his eyes are looking at my body. I realize I don't have pants on and scold myself because this is the second time we've been in this situation. I take advantage of the situation. I straighten my back and turn back around. This situation shouldn't be awkward, right? I mean..we're roommates. This is going to happen. I can almost feel his eyes on me. As he passes by I feel his warmth on my back, possibly from the hot shower he just took. The air surrounding him is just, hot.
"I like your underwear." He says, without even turning around I can hear the smile on his lips.
"Thanks." I awkwardly say. My voice is shaky.
"Can I make a suggestion?" I hear him coming closer and my heart speeds up.
I look behind me and he's right there. His breath is brushing my shoulder. Goosebumps raise my skin.
"What would that suggestion be?" I ask, wavering completely between confident and completely melted.
His arm reaches forward and his warm chest presses against my back. He pulls up a pair of jeans. "Wear these." He says as my back is completely flush with his chest. Trying to keep my hips forward and off of his body.
"Alright." I say as I turn my head a little and find his face above my right shoulder.
I gasp audibly as both his hands firmly grip my hips and pull them against his lower waist. He drags his hands down my thighs and back up, lips brushing my neck. Almost as if he's taking in my body. It was all over too soon as he gently pushes me forward and walks away.
I turn around. "What was that?" I ask completely serious.
"What was..?" He asks oblivious. My body is completely thrown up and down and sideways and is in utter shock, and he's asking me what was what? I walk forward and place my hands on his hips, looking into his attractive eyes. I feel upwards. "This."
He looks at me, all joking aside, face completely stone cold. I continue my hands upward and land on the back of his neck.
"That's called lust, and sometimes it takes people over if you know what I mean." He says matter of factly.
While I'm thinking about how his eyes look at me I fail to notice his face getting closer and before I know it our noses are touching. His eyebrows are pulled together and he's looking at my lips. I find that now I know exactly what he means as I lean into him, touching his soft lips with mine. For a moment we stay there, because I think for both of us the feeling is overwhelming. I'm being pulled in slowly. Like a magnet. His hands are on my lower back and the feeling of his lips slipping over mine gets even more intense. His hands drag up my back and I bury my hand into his hair. My heart is uncontrollable and finally I pull away.
Neither one of us say a word. I focus on his pink lips. My breathing is heavier than normal and I simply turn around and grab my jeans and a new t-shirt.
"Alice." He says.
I don't look at him and continue walking into the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and can't help but notice my flushed cheeks and slightly swollen lips. What did I do.