-I Make Pictures Appear-

My head hurts from this stressful ass evening I've had so I decide to take a walk down to the coffee shop.  I stop in my tracks to stare at probably one of the most beautiful things I've ever laid eyes on. He looks over at me and smiles. I pull my eyes away from him and head to the counter. 

"Hi there! Can I get you anything?" a way too peppy barista asks me. 

"Uhm hold on let me look." I look over the menu indecisive as she starts talking again I have no idea why.

"We have scones, coffee. Oh and really our best scone is the cheddar bacon one I mean wow its ju-" I cut her annoying voice off and just order.

"I'd like a mocha frap." She looks a little taken back by my abrupt behavior. 

"Uhm, okay, $5.25 please." she asks, her peppy attitude suddenly absent. 

I reach into my bag and feel a light hand on my arm, stopping me. I whip around ready to whack someone with my bag for touching my arm. I find said gorgeous boy cautiously smiling at me. 

"Calm down, damn I was just going to buy your coffee." he laughs a short cute laugh as his dimples appear on his face. I find the way that his glasses are sitting just right on the bridge of his nose extremely attractive. Wait, listen to yourself Alice, wow. 

"Yeah- oh uhm, you don't ha-"

"Nonsense, I want to pay." he smiles at me again with those dimples and I nearly lose it.

"Fine." I cave letting him hand his money to the impatient barista. 

"Can I sit with you?" he asks me.

"Well..It is Wednesday..and you're not wearing pink.. so I'm sorry but those are the rules." I tease, keeping a straight face and testing his knowledge of Mean Girls. 

"Ohh my god it's been forever since I've seen that movie." he laughs and asks "So is that a yes?" he uneasily stands there.

"Yes, of course." I smile and sit down gesturing for him to sit. 

"So, I'm Carter." his smirk overtakes his features again and he reaches his hand across the table and I smile back at him and reach mine over to shake his hand. 

"I'm Alice." 

"It's really nice to meet you Alice." he says, drumming his fingers over the table. I notice the lanyard around his neck stating he's a part of some computer club. Smart, huh? 

"So you do stuff with computers?" I ask him, though I already know the answer.

"Stuff? Yeah let's call it that, that's so much simpler." he chuckles pulling out his lanyard tag. "See? Certified graphic leader." He smirks as if that's something I would understand. I go along anyways.

"Wow, impressive!" I clap my hands mockingly.

"You have no idea what that is, do you?" he laughs, smirking at me yet again.

"No clue." 

"Well, you see, I take the codes and I put them into the graphic chart and make the pixels..uhm, you know what, I'll spare you the details. I make pictures appear." 

"Ah, that makes sense!" I say, throwing my hands up laughing. 

"Yeah, but I like it, so I'm taking a class this summer before term starts." he says. I watch the way his hands move when he talks. God he's cute. 

"That's awesome that you're good at that stuff. I know I couldn't do it." 

"Sure you could. I'll teach you." his face lights up and I shake my head.

"Nah it has way too much to do with math." I add, because honestly who likes math. Well..this guy. 

"Math is great, pft." 

"There's something wrong with you." I say completely serious and he laughs. 

"So I've heard." he teases and stands up. "So, I have a club to attend, but seriously it was really nice meeting you. We should meet up again?" Yes, yes, yes. 

"Suree that would be okay. Here let me give you my number." he hands me his phone and write my number in. 

"Alright, I'll see you later?" he asks and I nod. He turns and walks away and I smile as he fist pumps the air shouting a distant "Woo!" when he gets farther away. I can't help but laugh as I go back to my chair. I bump into something hard as I turn around. 

"What the-" I look up and find Dakota looking down at me. 

"Who was that dude?" he scoffs.

A/N--

Hey everyoneee! So this chapter was awfully short because I fucking typed a wholeeeeee long chapter and I saved and published only to find that It didnt save it at all. all but the first paragraph WAS GONE. I had to type it all over at 2 am. So please enjoy! It took forever. Thanks for supporting and commenting! Love you 

xoxoxo shan

p.s its 3 am now. smh

p.p.s LOVE YOU LIV. Miss you already. #WOOHOObooty.

The Bad Boys Roommateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें