Chapter 5: Now it's Time

They came out of the portal leading them to the girls’ toilets. Once they all came out and the portal vanished people stirred back to life. People around them started talking and laughing.

“I can’t believe that all happened and no one knows.” Soph whispered.

“Well, you better because it is all real.” Nicky advised.

They went out of the toilets and went to finish their lunch. They started testing their gadgets in the remaining 2 days.

****

“Hm, I just remembered. Is it the 6th of September?” Winnie asked fidgeting with one of her gadgets.

“Yeah, why?” Soph asked. Her friends looked ar her as if she was joking. “Oh right, today is when the Midnight Ninjas cause trouble.”

“And because of that, we have to get there and stop them or stop the so-call big attack.” Elise noted.

“And also here is a question. How do we get there?” Nicky questioned.

“Why don’t we ask the spies in the Angels Heart HQ to get us there?”  Melody responded.

“Great idea. Let’s use the teleport to get there.” Nicky instructed taking out hers.

They got out their teleport and putted in the name of the HQ. They disappeared to the Angels Heart.

****

In just a few minutes they were teleported into the HQ. “We need to get to-” Nicky shouted but was stopped.

“Yes we know! Quick put these into your gadgets!” a man commanded rushing in.

“How did you-? How did you know it was us, Director Black?” Nicky asked.

“Don’t worry about that, you need to get there now! Someone will get you to a tunnel that will lead you there.” Director Black commanded urging them to go. The friends finished typing and vanished out of the Angels Heart HQ.

They appeared in a dark road with nobody in it. Houses that were half burnt and fallen down. The street had dimly lit lights and walls that were graffiti and filled with old posters. The 6 friends walked down the road wondering if there was anyone to pick them up.

“Hey! Over here! Don’t worry, it’s just me,” a voice shouted. They were standing near a sports car. “Hello! Director Black said you should be here and plus nobody comes to this road except spies from Angel’s Heart. You’re also wasting time on our mission,” the voice muttered.  The person stepped out from the shadows showing their face.

“You scared me! And how can you drive a car when your only 12!” Soph shouted walking forwards to him.

“Hi! Agent Flame, did you have to learn to drive a car in Angels Heart training course?” Nicky exclaimed.

He shrugged his shoulders and sat in the driver’s seat. Together they stepped into the car. Agent Flame started the car’s engine and droved off. He told them they were going to get there in an hour.

****

Agent Flame stopped beside a dark, wet tunnel. He got out and waited for the girls to get out so he can lock the sports car. Later he got a torch and walked in. Winnie shrugged and went in opening her torch. Her friends stood silently and ran in after Winnie and Agent Flame. “What? Where? This place stinks! We’re not in the sewer, right? I hope it isn’t!” Soph wailed. “It’s also very dark! And-”

“Shut your mouth! And we are not in the sewer! There are still a few people and ninjas above us and if we talk loudly they will hear you!” Agent Flame whispered continuing to walk. They walked and their lights started to flicker.

“Does these light needs charging?” Elise whispered trying to make it stop flickering.

“Yes and concentrate on where your going.” Agent Flame instructed continuing to lead the group and not looking back. “And walk into the first left you see.”

They turned left and kept walking in silence. They saw a dimly lit light ahead of them but Agent Flame stopped them from walking any further. He putted his finger on his lips and walked towards the light. The friends understood and kept silent. As Agent Flame walked his footsteps grew silent. The friends heard a sudden gasp, not knowing if it came from Agent Flame or someone else. Thinking that the Midnight Ninjas attacked Agent Flame, they quickly turned the other way and walked. Melody gave a silent, short gasp. Suddenly, something made them froze on the spot; thinking it was the end for them.