Chapter 7: Rescue Plan

DO YOU WANT YOUR FRIEND BACK? THEN COME AND TRY TO GET HIM AND TRY TO STOP US! BUT SPIES LIKE YOU ARE IMMATURE. YOU WIL NOT GET US AND STOP OUR ATTACK! SO GOOD LUCK (LIKE WE CARE) WITH NO PRESSURE. COME OR ABANDONED YOUR FRIEND.

YOUR ENEMIES MIDNIGHT NINJAS

Winnie finished reading the note and handed it to her friends. “We need to save him! But we all know this is simply a trap. So we either risk it or not.” Winnie said.

“Why do we need to save him? He is useless apart from helping, guiding, driving and martial arts. Okay maybe not useless but he is really ignorant.” Nicky mumbled. “But I like taking risks so I’m in! Soph wouldn’t go because she doesn’t like taking risks.”

“I will go and the rest of us! So let’s get started.” Soph replied. Nicky listened in shocked.

“Wow, I’m surprise. Good for you.”

****

“Knight is the attack ready?” Shadow Samurai asked.

“Yes, master,” Knight replied. “But really, why should I call you master? I’m just one level below you.”

“Because I’m the leader and I can command you to do what I want you to call me. Now, I expect the spies from Angel’s Heart will come,” Shadow Samurai said. “Good thing we putted it underwater.”

Ninjas walked around putting weapons into vans and others fighting dummies. Shadow Samurai stood up and announced, “Ninjas it is time! Let’s go and take over the world! WE will rule over them! No one will be in our way! With our ninja robots and creatures we will be unstoppable!”

Ninjas inside cheered and clapped. They stopped and filed into neat lines and stepped into the black vans. Shadow Samurai and Knight stepped into a helicopter and flew off.

****

They started ruling out a plan and started packing. Tina got onto her mini computer to find a blueprint of the Sydney Opera House. They started making traps using things around them and in the room. Nicky, Elise and Melody had to plot down places Agent Flame would be held hostage.

“Okay everyone ready?” Winnie asked. Everyone nodded except for Nicky. “What is it this time? You said you like taking risks.”

“Well, I’ve been thinking about something. I don’t think we should do this anymore. Shouldn’t we stop the attack and leave him?”

“Just go! Something good will happen.”

Nicky nodded and muttered “Fine, I’ll go.” Nicky started running to a vent they decided to use. “Well, let’s go! The faster we get this done the better!” Nicky said punching her fist into the air. “And the good guys always win.”

Winnie rushed over to the air vent Tina was unbolting. “Are you finished? And also we can not fuss in there and we have to be quiet.” Winnie whispered bending over Tina.

“Nearly there. Just a bit more.” Click! “Finish! This vent is not big enough for a whole bunch of us getting in altogether, so get in one by one. And get at least two traps. I’ll stay behind and look after the traps. And search for exits.”

Winnie climbed in and grabbed one trap followed by four friends. Winnie crawled up into the vent until she saw vents leading into different directions. “Okay, this is where we split up. Me and Elise will go and find information. The rest set traps and keep your ears peel for things.” Winnie whispered. Her friends nodded and headed into an air vent. Winnie and Elise went off into their vent.

****

Nicky was in her vent still trying to put her trap then only a few metres away from her were ninjas. They must come from the Midnight Ninjas. They might be talking about something that might help. Nicky thought. She crawled up leaving about 50 cm between her and the ninjas. She listened to their conversation for a bit and heard something useful. She quickly went back to her trap, making no sudden noise.

****

Beep. Beep. Winnie looked at her watch. WINNIE I HEARD SOMETHING. AGENT FLAME IS NEAR YOU. LOOK A BIT CLOSER. –NICKY Winnie then showed the message to Elise and she nodded. They started peering closely. After awhile they spotted Agent Flame trapped in a cage. They made a map of everything. They added where ninjas were, cameras and traps. They also added their own traps with a green pen. They added escape routes on their maps if they nearly get caught. They took a few minutes before putting on their traps. They went back to find their friends already finish with the traps.

Winnie thought for a moment and asked, “Melody. Are those glasses supposed to be a random accessory or a gadget?”

“Why? It is supposed to be a gadget,” Melody replied.

“Can it see through solid objects and far distance things?”

Melody nodded and started adjusting in to gadget mode. “Great. Now you have a job to do. You see through solid objects and you can tell us if there is a guard or something. You’ll get it when we get there.” Winnie explained reading Melody’s puzzled face. “Nicky, do you remember what you have to do?” Nicky nodded. After awhile they went into the air vents to start their plan. Nicky waited for them to disappear into the vents and typed in a coordinate.