Chapter 8

"You look stunning!" I exclaimed, as Cecily twirled in front of her mirror.

I was at Cecily's house, and we were getting ready for Gabriel's party. Cecily was dressed in the blue dress she had tried on a few days ago. I was wearing a light pink dress that came down to my mid-thighs and pink 6-inch heels. My brown hair was curled, and Cecily's black hair was too.

"Says you, you look even better!" Cecily turned around to face me.

I just smiled. "Should we go downstairs?"

"Sure." She replied.

We both walked downstairs, and I successfully managed in not tripping in my heels. I had never wore ones as high as these ones. At the bottom of the stairs, stood Will and Jem. Will looked beautiful. He was only wearing tight black jeans and a white T-shirt, but he looked amazing. His eyes widened when he saw me.

"You guys look nice." Jem smiled.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I smiled.

"Tessa, you look very nice." Will said, his eyes slowly raking my body up and down.

I blushed. "Thank you, Will."

"What about me, William?" Cecily teased.

"You look nice as well. Gabriel will love it." He smirked.

Cecily just shook her head, and we all got into Will's car. We reached Gabriel's house in no time, and we a walked inside.

"Now Cecy, don't get drunk like you did last time." Will lectured.

She rolled her eyes. "Your not my dad, Will."

"I am older than you." He said.

"By six minutes." Cecily stated.

Just then, Gabriel walked up to us. His eyes almost popped out of their sockets when he saw Cecily and I.

"Wow you guys look amazing." He said.

"Thanks." I smiled while blushing a bit. Wait, why was I blushing?

"Hey Gabriel." Will smirked, and walked up beside me.

Gabriel scowled. "Hello Will."

Then Gabriel smirked. "Tatiana was looking for you, earlier."

"You invited her?" Will whined.

"She's my sister." Gabriel said. "Of course she'd be here."

"That's hardly a reason." Will grumbled and we all chuckled.

Gabriel then left, and Cecily and I went off to find Sophie. We all danced and drank, and basically laughed for hours. We all then started to play truth or dare. Will, Jem, Gabriel, Tatiana, Jessamine, Sophie, Cecily, and I all sat in their living room. None of us were drunk, but we were getting there. Just then Gideon Lightwood walked past.

"Gideon, come play truth it dare with us." Gabriel said.

"Alright." Gideon agreed.

I felt Sophie tense beside me, and I laughed. Cecily smirked at her, and Sophie hit her on the shoulder. I could see why Sophie liked Gideon, he was pretty hot.

"Okay Jessamine, truth or dare?" Tatiana asked.

"Truth." Jessamine replied.

"Who do you have a crush on?" Tatiana asked.

"Nate Gray." She said.

My eyes widened. She liked Nate? I wondered why, there was nothing particularly special about him.

"Will." Jessamine said coldly.

"Yes, Jessie?" He said sweetly.

"Don't call me that. Truth or dare?" She said.

"Truth." He said.

"Would you rather kiss Tatiana or Tessa?" Jessamine smirked.

"Tessa." Will answered.

I felt my cheeks heat up. Dear god Tessa, get a hold of yourself. It was just a question, it doesn't mean he would actually do it.

"Cecily, truth or dare?" Will asked.

"Truth." She replied.

He then got a wicked smile on his face. "Do you, or do you not, have a crush on Gabriel?"

Cecily paled. "No I don't."

"Are you sure? Because--" Will started.

"Tatiana, truth or dare?" Cecily quickly asked.

"Truth." Tatiana said.

"If you could erase one person in this group from the world, who would it be?" Cecily asked.

Tatiana then made a disgusted face. "Tessa, because she likes Will."

I felt myself turning very red. "I don't."

"Is that so? Then I dare you to kiss Gabriel, if you don't like Will." She smirked.

I felt myself freeze. I had to kiss Gabriel? Oh god no. I looked over at Will, he was staring at me with an unreadable expression. Gabriel was blushing very hard.

"Tessa, you don't have to do this." Jem said.

"I'll do it." I said, and everyone looked shocked. Especially Will. "It's only one kiss, after all."

I walked over to where Gabriel was sitting, and took a seat next to him. Without thinking about it, I quickly pressed my lips to his. He immediately kissed me back, and pretty soon my hands were around his neck and his around my waist. It actually felt good, I tugged myself closer to him.

"Woah, you guys can stop now." Tatiana said.

I quickly untangled myself from Gabriel, and went back and took my seat. Beside me, Cecily was smirking at me and I shot her a glare. Will looked surprised and he had paled quite a bit. Why? I thought to myself. Then suddenly, he got up and walked away.

"Where's he going?" Jessamine asked confusedly.

Cecily sighed. "Who knows."

We all played from an hour more, and then I went to bathroom. While I was trying to find it, I stopped frozen. There stood Will, making out with a blonde haired girl. He had her pressed up against a wall, and he was kissing her fiercely. Will then looked up, smirked at me, and went back to kissing her. I stumbled back, and ran outside. I threw myself down on the porch.

I felt numb. I couldn't even breathe. I was too shocked at what I had just seen. I felt tears sliding down my cheeks, and I hugged myself. Why was this hurting me so bad? I shouldn't have been letting some boy do this to me. I knew that secretly, just maybe, that Will had feelings for me. He did that on purpose because I had kissed Gabriel. Well, two could play that game.

I raced back inside and found Cecily. I quickly told her my plan. She agreed with it right away, and then I left to go find Gabriel. I found him standing with another boy I didn't know. I asked to speak with him, and we walked into a corner.

"What do you need to talk to me about?" He asked.

"I need you to do me a favour."