Chapter 35

The next few weeks flew by in a blur. I had been true to my word, Will and I hadn't spoken since I had told him that I was done. We only spoke when we had to present our History project. We didn't even exchange hellos, or look each other. But once in awhile I would feel his blue eyes on me, and I found myself looking back at him.

There had been no word on Nate, and I was trying my best to not lose hope. Sophie, Cecily and I were still as close as ever. I didn't go over to Cecily's house that much anymore, since Will, so we usually hung out at my house. The worst times, though, was when we sat in the cafeteria, where I was forced to look at him.

I had been putting a lot more effort into mine and Sean's relationship. We went out almost every weekend, and I found that I really liked him. He was sweet and down to earth, and always made me laugh. Maybe not as much as Will had, but he did.

Currently, Sophie, Cecily, and I were all sprawled on my bed, talking.

"Oh, I didn't tell you guys!" Sophie suddenly exclaimed.

"What?" Cecily asked.

"Gideon's tutoring me in History." She said happily.

"Oh my gosh!" Cecily exclaimed excitedly.

"That's great!" I said with a smile.

"He's so smart, and sooo funny." Sophie said dreamily.

Cecily and I both laughed.

"I wish Gabriel would talk to me." Cecily sighed.

"You have to start talking to him, yourself." I said

Cecily then brightened up. "I know! I'll throw a pool party and invited a bunch of people-including Gabriel-and then he'll have to talk to me."

"Wait, you have a pool?" I asked.

"Yup." She replied.

"Do it." Sophie said. "And invite Gideon."

Cecily chuckled. "Alright I will."

"I-I don't think I should come." I mumbled.

"Why not?" Cecily asked.

"Will." I mumbled.

"It'll be fine. I'll invite Sean too, so it won't be bad." She assured me.

I sighed. It'll always be bad, I thought. I looked over at Sophie. She was looking at the ground, the cheek with her scar facing me. I always had wanted to know how she had gotten it, but I had always been too scared to ask.

"Sophie, can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure." She replied.

I hesitated. "How did you get your scar?"

Sophie visibly stiffened, and went pale.

"You don't have to tell us if you don't want to." I said softly.

She sighed. "I might as well tell you guys."

She took a deep breath, and started talking. "Last year, I had a boyfriend. I loved him, and he loved me. We were really happy. One night, we we went out to his friends party, and he got really drunk. I drove him home, and he made me come inside. He tried to take off my dress, and I didn't want him to. He kept trying, and I kept saying no. And then...."

Sophie had tears in her eyes by now. Cecily and I were listening to her with wide eyes.

"He got a knife, and made a big gash down my cheek. I ran from him, and called my mother. She drove me to the hospital, where I had to get fifteen stitches. Now, I have this scar." She finished.

Cecily and I looked at Sophie, open-mouthed. A rush of anger went through me. How badly I wanted to hit that guy, for doing that to her.

"Oh Sophie." Cecily said.

She went over and embraced Sophie, who was crying a bit. I went over and hugged her, too. We all hugged for awhile, and then we pulled away.

"You are still beautiful, Sophie. With or without the scar." Cecily said, as she wiped away a tear off Sophie's face.

"She's right." I said. "You would have to be an idiot not to see that."

She smiled sadly. "Thanks guys."

"No problem." I said. "Hey, why don't we go downstairs and have ice cream?"

"Ooooooh lets go!" Cecily exclaimed.

Sophie and I laughed, and the three of us walked downstairs. I got out the ice cream, and bowls. Everyone poured themselves some, and we all sat down at the table.

"Tessa, do you have whip cream?" Cecily asked.

"Yeah, I'll go get it." I said.

I stood up and got the whip cream, and handed it to Cecily. She then opened it, and sprayed me with it. It was all over my shirt.

"Cecy!" I exclaimed.

She smirked. God, she looked like Will when she did that. I snatched the bottle out of her hand, and sprayed her back. She squealed, and covered her face.

"Oh my gosh, you guys." Sophie laughed.

I then turned the bottle over on her, and sprayed her. She shouted, and laughed.

"I'll get you back for that!" She exclaimed.

Sophie took the bottle from hand, and sprayed Cecily and I. Pretty soon, the three of us were covered in whip cream, and we were on the floor, crying from laughing so much.

"That was so fun." I chuckled.

"It was." Cecily agreed. "I think Sophie got the worst of it."

I looked over at Sophie, who was absolutely covered in whip cream.

"You guys teamed up on me!" She protested.

Cecily and I laughed. I was so lucky to have these two girls as my best friends.