Chapter 25

I walked tiredly into school on Monday. The police still had no lead on Nate, and Aunt Harriet and I were very nervous and scared. I had thought about Will, every moment when I wasn't thinking of Nate. I kept dreaming of him, and I couldn't shake the feeling of his hands on my body.

I walked up to my locker, and mumbled a hello to Cecily. She looked at me funny.

"Did something happen between you and Will?" She asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"He wouldn't come out of his room, this weekend. He wouldn't tell anyone what was wrong with him." Cecily frowned.

"Well, I told him that I wasn't going to kiss him, or do anything with him, anymore. Not unless we were dating." I said.

"That must be it." Cecily said. "Good on you. It's unfair of him to be using you like that."

Yup, I thought. The bell than rang, and we walked to English. Everyone was already there by the time we walked in. My eyes were immediately on Will, and his blue ones were staring back at me. I tore my eyes away, and took my seat behind him.

I spent the entire class staring at the back of his head. I kept seeing that night at his house, over and over, in my head. The bell than rang, and I walked to History. Will was already there, and I sat down beside him, not saying hello. Sean then walked in, and I smiled at him.

"Hey Tessa." He smiled.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Can I speak to you at lunch?" He asked.

"Yeah sure." I replied.

Sean flashed me a smile, and took his seat beside Gideon. Will turned to me.

"So he's then next the one, huh?" Will said.

"The next what?" I asked confusedly.

"Your next fuck buddy." Will smirked.

I gasped. I couldn't believe Will had said that! How dare he think so low of me!

"He's not my next "fuck buddy". And for the record, you and I never even got to that." I glared at him.

"We could have." He smirked.

"Yeah we could have. But you kept holding back." I narrowed my eyes at him.

I waited for a witty comeback, but it never came. Will only turned his head and looked away from me.

"Whatever. It's like you said, were done." He said coldly.

"Why did you stop us Will? You obviously wanted it, too." I said.

He clenched his jaw. "I don't want to talk about it anymore."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course you don't."

Will didn't say anything, and I just sighed frustratedly. Class went by quick, and I walked back to my locker, to put my books away. Why did Will have to be so difficult?! Ugh! He drove me crazy!

"Tessa?" A voice said.

I turned around, to see Sean. He was leaning against the locker beside mine. He looked very good today, and I stared at him for a second.

"Oh hey." I smiled. "You wanted to ask me something?"

"Yeah." He took a deep breath. "Um, I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me on Saturday?"

I looked at him surprisedly. Cecily had been right, Sean did like me. Should I say yes? Will popped into my head, but I pushed him away. Will wasn't going to date me, so I should move on.

"Okay." I smiled

Sean's eyes lit up. He then took my hand, surprising me. I let him hold it, and the two of us walked hand in hand to tht cafeteria. As soon as everyone was us, they all stared. Sophie and Jem were both smiling at us. Cecily and Gabriel were smirking at us. And Will, he looked shocked. He was staring at me, his bright blue eyes unreadable.

Sean and I took a seat beside each other, and I was sitting in front of Will. I didn't look at him, and I scooted closer to Sean.

"So when did this," Cecily gestured to Sean and I. "Happen?"

"About five minutes ago." Sean chuckled.

We all laughed, except Will. He just sat there, quietly. I looked at him, and then wished I hadn't. As soon as I looked at him, all the images of everything we had done, floated into my mind.

"I promise I'll make love to you soon, Tessa." His voice rang in my head.

A promise that would never be kept. Will then suddenly got up, and walked away. I stared after him.

"Where is he going?" Cecily said.

"I don't know." Jem frowned.

"Excuse me." I said, and I stood up.

I followed Will, all the way outside, and onto the field. Why I was doing this? I didn't know. I finally found him sitting on a rock, far away from the school. I quietly walked toward him.

"Why did you follow me?" He asked.

"Why did you leave?" I asked.

"I wasn't feeling well." Will shrugged.

"Why?" I asked.

"Dear god, Tessa, do you ever stop asking questions?" He said tiredly.

"Nope." I said.

Will then looked up me. "Why are you with Sean?"

I was taken aback. "What?"

He stood up and stood in front of me.

"Why are you with Sean? Is it to get back at me or something?" Will asked.

"What? No." I said. "I'm with Sean because I want to be."

"Really?" He asked surprised.

"Um yeah. It isn't to get back at you, Will." I said.

"Do you have a crush on him?" Will asked.

I sighed. "Will, I--"

"Do you have crush on him?" He demanded.

"Yes." I admitted.

"Did you have a crush on him, when we-you know?" Will asked.

"Yes I think so." I whispered.

Will breathed in and out, loudly and turned away from for a moment.

"Well, I can promise you one thing Tess." Will said.

"And what is that?" I asked.

He turned back around to face me.

"He'll never be able to make you feel the way that I did." Will said. And for once there was no smirk on his face. He was dead serious.

I swallowed. "You don't know that."

"Oh I do." Will stepped closer to me, and whispered in my ear. "I know exactly where you like to be kissed on your neck. I know what makes you shout in pleasure."

I shivered at the thought, and stepped away from him.

"Why are you doing this, Will?" I demanded.

"To show you that no one could ever make you feel the way that I could." He said.

"And why does that matter?" I asked defiantly.

"Because you belong with me. I can't stand the thought of anyone else's hands on you." Will said bitterly.

"Well, you don't date remember?" I shot back.

"I know. I'm just telling you that you'll never find anyone who can touch you like I did, and make you feel the way I did." He said.

"I'll keep that in mind." I said bitterly and turned on my heel, and left him.