Two

Beacon grew closer until she could no longer see the top of the massive structure from the airship window, eventually they came to a stop on the edge of a cliff and the doors swung down, revealing a neat grey path leading from where they landed into the centre of the school.

The students were too awed to move, even Wynter, she'd only ever dreamed of going here, and was still struggling to accept the reality. That was until a small but cheerful voice came from behind the crowd around the door. "Err, could we get through, please?" A few students paled and immediately moved to the side, others following, creating a path straight through the mass, the blue haired girl smiled politely, slightly shocked by their actions, and led the brunette, who still hadn't left her side, to the door.

After they had left, the rest began to file out slowly, looking for friends who had been on the other ships. Wynter scanned the crowds for the blonde boy, and found him by a dustbin; it wasn't that hard, since he was quite tall, and she pushed her way through to him. "Jaune!" He turned around whilst wiping his mouth with the back of his hand and flashed a goofy grin as she approached.

"Hey! Friendly advice, don't go too near that bin."

"Why not? Don't tell me the great Jaune was air sick?" She put on a face of mock surprise and gasped; he laughed and punched her lightly in the arm as she laughed too. When she calmed down Wynter noticed the blue haired girl was being swarmed by people asking her all sorts of questions, presumably about the incident on board, she also noticed the tall plum girl from the docks bulldozing through towards her with a relieved yet concerned look on her face. Wynter nudged the boy beside her and craned her neck to get a better view.

"What did you do this time?!" The girl towered over everyone, especially her friend who despite standing straight still appeared to be just over half her height. However her intimidating stature was contradicted by her calm and gentle voice, which made Wynter rethink her initial evaluation of the purple haired girl's character.

The shorter girl brought a hand to the back of her neck and grinned, nervously this time, "I uh- kinda sorta pinned a guy to the wall." Jaune's eyes widened and he turned to the blonde beside him; she nodded, confirming that it had happened.

Accompanied with an eye-roll, the plum haired girl spoke again, "And why exactly did you do that?"

"I was defending a friend alright? You think I'm dumb enough to start fights when we haven't even made it to the school yet?" She looked to the floor and her friend's expression softened.

"I'm sorry; I know you're smarter than that." She pulled the shorter one into a hug and the crowd dispersed, most of them moving through the giant double doors that had opened at the far end of the path. Wynter looked to her side expecting to find Jaune, but he had disappeared, she shrugged and joined the stream of students flowing towards a giant assembly hall where the headmaster was due to give a speech.

***

"And all I see is wasted potential." She tightened her grip on Cassepine and furrowed her brows as she glared at the stage at the back of the hall. This Ozpin has underestimated a Thyme if that's what he sees, she would show them, she would prove to everyone that the Thymes were still the best line of hunters there could be.

She had been too lost in her thoughts to listen to the rest of his speech, and it wasn't until people began to talk amongst themselves that she realised it had ended. What do we do now? She wondered, her thoughts were answered when another set of doors opened to her left, revealing a large ballroom, except the wooden floors were littered with sleeping bags.

This was all very unusual to her. Still, she followed the rest of them and found a suitable spot by the window to sit down, a trolley overflowing with bags was then brought in and there was clamour of people trying to retrieve their belongings, she chuckled and dove in, coming back to the surface clutching a green and white backpack, pleased with her speedy victory. She unfastened the straps and grabbed a folded set of clothes, making sure her territory was marked with the bag; she left to find somewhere to change.