Four

The Taijitu hissed as it slithered closer, every so often it would lurch forward and attempt to snatch her mid-run, but Rain was too quick and jumped out of the way, irritating the creature further. She couldn't see the temple over the crest of the hill, and the trees were growing larger with every step she took until she was once again at the edge of the forest.

Without waiting, she unsheathed her axe and detached the head, allowing her to swing it at her side from a chain, just as the Grimm were closing in she let go and the blade of the axe wedged itself into the trunk of one of the giants far above her.

She gave it a sharp tug to make sure it was stable before running towards the tree, the chain linking the half of the weapon in her hands to the head contracting as she did so, when she was less than a meter away her feet left the ground and for a few seconds she was airborne. The chain continued to pull her upwards until she made contact with the trunk and sprinted the rest of the way, the momentum carrying her until she got to a branch halfway up and she swung to the side to land.

The axe left the bark and withdrew back to her with a clunk as she stood with her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath. Rain straightened her back and looked down at the expanse of shadow that was swarming around the base of the tree, she had drawn more than expected, but it was no problem if it meant Teal had less to deal with. She glanced at the temple and saw that the number of Grimm present had significantly decreased, probably due to a mixture of Navi's plan and the sound of firing she'd heard earlier.

A Nevermore flew at her, attempting to knock her from her perch, but she shot it out of the sky. The Taijitu that had been following her since the start was still there, and that was the only thing she was concerned about, the creatures size meant that if it wanted to, it could reach her quite easily, or even worse, take down the very tree she stood in. Of all the Grimm she knew of, Taijitus were the least aggressive; only attacking when they deemed it necessary, so then why was it here?

Rain wondered if previous events in the day, specifically the fight at the ruins, had disturbed the rest of the Grimm in the forest, and the amount of students at this particular spot lured them here. She nodded to herself, it seemed like a decent enough explanation, it would also explain why the Grimm were so active, since she'd heard from the previous group that some students managed to get through the entire forest without meeting a single one.

"WHOOHOOOO!" That sudden voice almost made Rain fall out of the tree and she looked towards the origin to see her blue haired friend soaring through the air... on the back of a Nevermore. Rain did a double-take and stared wide-eyed at the sight, how, in all of Remnant did she manage that?! Teal was stood on the creatures back with rope in her hands which led down to two arrows pierced through each wing; Rain assumed that was how she steered the thing, at least she'd thought of that.

Teal leaned to the right and the creature veered in the opposite direction, bringing the girl nearer to the branch where Rain stood, in one motion she sliced, removed her arrows and stepped, just stepped onto the platform, leaving the Nevermore to spiral down into the other Grimm as it disintegrated.

Rain stood bewildered with her jaw hung open, still staring at the blue haired girl by her side, who looked amused at the sight. She eventually got over the shock and pinched the bridge of her nose, "Why did you just do that, where are the others?"

Teal grinned and pointed at the temple, "For the plan!"

"And what plan wo-" A roar cut Rain off and both girls turned in the direction of the sound, Navi and the blonde girl were approaching, riding a Beowulf and an Ursa like they were horses. Like Teal, they used their weapons to steer the creatures and ploughed through the horde towards them, the Grimm under their control swiping at others out of frustration of having a human on their backs, safe from their claws.