Intro

"And now, The Flying Graysons!" Mr. Haly announced. The three acrobats smiled at the top of their towers. Dick Grayson, the youngest in the act, smiled down at the crowd and jumped off of his mark. He flawlessly caught the bar in his hands and swung to his mother's arms. She caught him by his feet, making the crowd gasp. Mary Grayson flipped off of the swing she was on, flinging her nine year old son into his farther's hands. John Grayson smiled and winked at his son, throwing him across to his mother. Mary swung off of her bar, allowing Dick to catch it, and grabbed onto her husband's feet. The crowd watched in awe as the three trapeze swung back in forth, doing flips fifty feet above their heads.

Once the act was over, the three climbed down and bowed. The crowd yelled and whistled, clapping loudly for the three. The Flying Graysons were the main attraction after all. They brought in a large percent of the crowd. Dick cartwheeled through the exit to behind the circus tent.

"Good job, Dick!" I smiled, patting his sweaty back. His hair covered a bit of his eyes, so he couldn't really see me. I was already in my red and white leotard, already ready for my upcoming act. I was an Aerial Silk girl, a filler act to keep people from leaving after the Graysons left the scene.

"You better get going, Theen. You're almost on," Mary said. My mother walked up, holding my baby brother. He was crying and she looked completely stressed. My mother looked like a swan in her costume. She had a white skin-tight unitard like me, with scarlet flames covering it. She got to wear a tutu with red on the tips and white ribbons in her hair. Haly didn't think I could still perform as well as I did if I had a tutu distracting me.

"Mary, can you please take Harry? We are going on in a minute and I don't have anyone else to watch him. Arnold went out," my mother, Bonnie, pleaded. Mary nodded and took Harry from her hands, patting him until he stopped crying. Dick brushed his hair out of his face and smirked at me.

"Don't be nervous or you'll fall and break your face," he teased, poking my side. I giggled and shoved his shoulder.

"I won't fall. When I come back, I'm gonna break your face." I winked and strolled out into the spotlight with my mom. The lights were right in my eyes, so I had to raise my arm over my eyes to see clearly. I tightened the ribbons tied around my waist, ankles, wrists, and neck. Unlike my mother, I looked more like a ragdoll.

"Taking the stage now are the Silk Birds!" Haly directed the crowd's attention over to us. I smiled as widely as my face would allow. I made sure that I didn't have anything in my teeth before every performance. That would be terrible if I happened to have left over spinach stuck in the gap I had in my front teeth. I was only eight, I didn't have my mother's perfect teeth yet.

My mother grabbed my hand and led me to the red and white strips of silk hanging from the cieling. We each had four, two white and two red. I wrapped the white silk around my ankles and grabbed the red ones in my hands. I pulled myself up about fifteen feet off the ground and began slowly spinning in a circle. My mom did the same, circling around me. I leaned back and did a flip, switching the colors to different limbs. I gracefully pointed my toes and raised one arm, trying to look like a bird. My mother stopped spinning and looked at me, slowly flapping her arms and dragging herself up higher. I mimicked her slow movements and spun around. The silk was still wrapped around my fingers as I did a complete flip in the air. I began swinging and lowering myself to just above the crowds heads. I spun in circles, stretching my legs above the crowds.

"Ooh! Aww! She looks like a little bird!" The crowd exclaimed, watching me soar. My mom was doing ballet-like movements in the air as I rested below her. We both stretched our arms and legs like a starfish and dropped down on our silks. I landed about a foot from the ground and she landed about five feet from the ground. I backflipped, releasing my silks, and landed on the ground. My mother did the same, landing beside me. The crowd clapped, we bowed and left the stage.