Chapter Twenty Six

-Dick's POV-

I stood next to Alfred in the doorway to the kitchen, staring in disbelief. Yawning and rubbing my eyes, I put aside the idea that maybe I was dreaming. "What is she doing?" I whispered to Alfred.

"Looks like she's in some hypnotic state while she cooks those pancakes," Alfred replied, standing up straighter, "I got up around six AM and found her here."

"Why didn't you make breakfast?"

"She had already made enough for each of us to have two servings, Sir, so I left her alone." Alfred walked in, making Victoria immediately snap out of her trance. She whipped around and held a blade against his old throat before anyone could even blink.

"Hey!" I stepped in, wrestling it out of her hand. She looked around and curtsied rather politely.

"I'm so sorry Alfred, I seemed to have lost my head for a moment," Victoria backed off and turned back to her pan. She flipped a pancake again and landed it skillfully on the pile of pancakes beside her. "I made breakfast for everyone." A smile that seemed almost genuine arose on her face. I had never seen her -- in the three months I had known her -- be so nice and polite to everyone. Could wealth really change her this much? Wonder what will happen when she sees Bruce's safe of cash... I thought to myself.

"Well, thank you, Master Victoria. It's nice to take a little break," Alfred smiled and sat down at the table. I hovered over Smith and examined the food. Sure, I was friends with her, but I still didn't trust her.

Tim came from around the corner in his Gotham Academy uniform. He tightened his tie and sat down. "Looks good, Vic," he cheered. She nodded.

"Hell yeah it does. They took hours to make," she said. Bruce came last in his business suit. Victoria actually didn't glare at him for once, but instead halfway nodded in respect. She tossed out knifes and forks to us and set out plates in a line on the island in the kitchen. We could see her through the space at the bar where everyone but Bruce and Alfred sat.

"I think I'm good on your poisoned pancakes. Trying to stay lean and all," I taunted, halfway meaning it. Vic raised an eyebrow.

"Let's taste your cooking then, Grayson, and see who's really going to poison us all," she replied smoothly. Tim laughed as Alfred yelled out in agreement. "And I made all different types of pancakes: Whole wheat, Banana Nut, Protein, Berry, Chocolate Chip, Caramel, Gluten-Free, Vegan, and original. Not to mention, every plate comes with sausage or bacon and coffee or juice." I looked at the mass of food as she pointed. Each stack had six pancakes.

"I'll take some chocolate chip pancakes and some banana nut, please," Tim said, "add some bacon and apple juice, please." Victoria tossed out Tim's request almost instantly. He dug in, moaning in how good it tasted.

"Bruce will probably want wheat and protein I'm guessing with the less-greasy alternative, sausage, as well as a triple shot of black coffee," she served Bruce as well. He nodded towards her, drinking his coffee while reading some newspaper article. "Alfred, berry and banana nut with coffee?"

"Close, but I'll take orange juice over coffee any day," he smiled as she followed as ordered. After making herself a plate, she stared at me.

"You gonna have some or not, dumbie?"

I looked back at Alfred. "Can't you make something?"

"Master Dick, Master Victoria has already made a perfectly great breakfast for us." He returned to eating. I sighed and looked up at the stubborn girl in front of me. As I stared, I notice the small freckles that dusted her nose as well as a tiny crooked part on her bridge that suggested a broken nose. Quickly realizing what I was doing, I looked behind her at the delicious buffet.