Chapter Six

-Athena's POV-

I pulled my dagger out of Jordon and stood behind his body. Nightwing was here, I knew that for sure. I made sure that there was no DNA trace of me left and climbed out of the window.

"So, you torture people?" His voice poured out from the shadows. The black of his suit matched the darkness of night but his blue bird was still easy to see. He was hanging onto the side of the glass with some kind of suction cup on the fingers of his gloves.

"If they deserve it, yes," I whispered, turning to him. I smirked and winked, jumping out of the building. I fell about four hundred feet into the darkness before pulling my parachute. I floated onto the roof of a short building, probably about one hundred feet high, and began to run. I jumped to another building as I heard Nightwing land on the previous building.

I jumped from rooftop to rooftop before stopping to see what he wanted. I pressed my back against the slightly taller building in front of me. Dick wouldn't be able to beat me in a fight and I might as well see what this kid wanted. He was starting to get on my nerves. He landed a few feet in front of me. I stared at him, hands on my hips.

"What do you want?" I asked. He looked up at me, out of breath. He stood up a bit taller and smiled at me. His smile still looked exactly like it did when he was nine years old. Except it was filled with a bit more ego.

"I just wanna talk," he reached out his hand to me. I looked down at it with disgust and crossed my arms. "Alright, fine. I'm not usually nice to criminals."

"Criminals? I'm not a criminal. I'm taking the bad guys out," the way I said the last word made me shiver. Nightwing moved a couple of inches closer, which made me pull out my white pistol. I raised it to his chest. He put his hands up in the air.

"Murder is a crime and I would say you're guilty. Now put that away before you hurt yourself," he laughed, stepping closer. So, Boy Blunder wanted to try my hand? I cocked the gun in one final warning, but he just kept coming closer. I shrugged and shot his foot. "FUCK!" He screamed, falling down and holding his bleeding foot, "why the hell did you just shoot me!?"

"Oh I'm sorry, pumpkin. Want me to kiss that for you?" I chuckled, watching him fail to stand. He pulled out his sticks as he finally got some good footing. "You want to fight? While you are shot? I thought you were supposed to be smart," I was mocking him.

"You're shot too. Right there on your bicep," He began wrapping his foot with white gauze and glaring daggers at me.

"Obviously you're not gonna win in a fight against me and you're not gonna arrest me, so...I think I'm just gonna go. It has been interesting but I'm bored." I yawned and kicked him over. My arm was killing me and bleeding through my suit. I swung away from Nightwing. I dropped to the ground and walked the rest of the way to my house so Dick wouldn't know where I lived.

"Computer, I need a camera on my wound," I pulled off the top half of my suit. Nomex fiber is very similar to the suits surfers go in, so it's all one piece. I pulled the shirt part down to where I was just standing in a black sports bra. I grabbed a first aid kit and watched the screen for a closer look. I dumped alcohol on my arm, which stung, but not too bad. I had done this so many times I was used to the pain. The bullet was lodged in my muscle, but didn't hit bone or any main arteries luckily. I bit down on a wood ruler as I fished the bullet out with a par of tweasers. I dumped anti-infection chemicals into the open wound. I sewed it up tightly and wrapped it in gauze.

"Operation successful. Limited activity will keep stiches in place and regular cleaning will prevent infection," the computer reminded me. If a stitch got torn, I would just stitch it up again. I had to go out every night. I couldn't limit my activity. I would also need to get a job to keep a low profile and to pay for the hotel room I had. My suit would also need more Nomax to repair to the hole that was on the sleeve.

"Computer, search jobs in the area that most teenagers work at. I need to keep a low profile and need more money. The grant from the School for Superior Boys has began to run low," I ordered. After I graduated from my third stage of training, which was training at the School for Superior Boys, I had been given one hundred thousand dollars to buy all the equipment I needed to complete my mission. My mission had been to find who killed my parents and figure out why. I think my mentors knew that the Black Sharks were involved, and that's why I was trained so intensively. They needed someone with enough rage and determination to be able to take down the most dangerous gang in the world. I had spent most of the money on computers and gadgets that I needed. I had only eight hundred left and the hotel rent was sixty a night. Nomex was also a hundred dollars per fabric square. I needed to get a few more things to update my computer as well which would use up my money pretty quick.

"I found several job openings in your area," the computer brought up simple jobs. There were many clothing stores, lifeguards, ice cream parlors, and personal assisstant openings.

"All these jobs are stupid," I stated. I needed something that didn't make me look like an idiot.

"The best idea would be an ice cream parlor. Most teenagers around eighteen work in one," the computer printed out a job application. I sighed and realized the computer was right.

"Fine. Computer, bring up Dick Grayson's address." I began filling out the application as the computer searched. I needed to get Nightwing off of my back so I could continue to do my job. He was ruining everything so I needed to threaten him.

"Dick Grayson moved out of Wayne Manor when he was seventeen and now lives on the border of Blüdhaven in a thirty thousand dollar apartment," the computer infromed me. I pulled the address up on my wrist computer and put the rest of my uniform back on. The tight fabric helped keep pressure on my arm, which made it less painful to move.

I took a glider over Gotham and to Blüdhaven. I could easily spot Dick's house, since it was one of the very few nice looking places in the whole city. I landed silently on the roof and put my mask back on. I went in through a vent at the top of the complex and landed in front of his door. I picked the lock and opened the door with caution.

The inside of the apartment was bigger than I expected. All the lights were turned off except for the one in the bathroom.

"Just a small town girl, livin' in a looonely worrrld. She took the midnight train goooin' anyywheeere," I followed the sound of terrible singing to the bathroom. I slowly turned the handle. Locked. I picked the lock on that door as well and crept inside. The shower curtain was dark blue so he wouldn't be able to see me through it. "Don't stop believing! Hold onto that feeelinggg!" Nightwing sang loudly and horribly out of tune. I rolled my eyes and stood in front of the opening of the shower. It was hot and there was steam clouding my vision. It was a big bathroom, so I could stand anywhere. I quietly closed the door that blocked off the toilet and shower from the sink. I stood by the sinks. The music stopped and the water stopped running. I saw the knob turn and Nightwing stepped out. His lower half was wrapped in a white towel. His eyes met mine and his face went from relaxed to shock. He stared at me for about three seconds with his mouth hanging open and eyes popping out.

"Stop following me before you get hurt. I have more important things to do than to get challenged to fight with you, Dick," I said his name with a lot of emphasis so he knew that his identity wasn't so secret. He glared at me and closed his mouth. "You won't be able to figure out who I am, so stop trying. You will get yourself hurt, either by my target or by me. Stop following me, stop researching me, and most of all, stop trying to stop me." I turned on my heel and began walking out.

"Hey, wait!" He ran through his apartment, chasing after me. I left out the window just as his towel fell down. Maybe now the Boy Blunder would leave me alone. Although, I had a strong feeling that he wouldn't stop. He seemed more shocked that I figured out his identity than scared that I had threatened him.

~~~~Lots of chapters today! I like this one because I thought it was funny that she snuck up on him in his apartment XD anyway, vote, comment, and follow! Love you guys!~~~~~