Chapter Five

-Athena's POV-

Robin, the Boy Wonder, the Bat Brat, sidekick.

I had done extensive reading on Robin. Apparently, to my surprise, Robin was actually a boy. And not just one. There had been three Robins flying beside Batman. The first Robin, who had been the leader of a group of young heros called the Teen Titans and a leader of yet another group called the Team, was the most beloved one. He had nice manners and always seemed to be walking the line of justice and innocence. After eight years of wearing an extremely embarrassing costume, he decided to take some time off. A couple of months later, the perfect Robin emerged as the more muture Nightwing. Nightwing had a more stealthy costume with a blue bird symbol on his chest. He fought with his precious escrima sticks and defended Blüdhaven. He also chased me yesterday and enjoyed spying on me.

The second pre-teen taken up by the Bat was a little different than the first. He seemed to walk with one foot on justice and the other on darkness. The second Robin wasn't liked as much as Nightwing had been. I had watched the way he fought. He would sometimes take it too far, especially near his last years. Batman would be frequently screaming to his sidekick to step down before he killed the target. Pity. If Batman hadn't gotten in the way of the kid, Robin #2 might've made Gotham squeaky clean by now. The second Boy wonder hadn't been lucky. He was killed and never seen again about four years back, according to US Government file on 'The Bat Family'.

Finally, the third and final Robin. He had just appeared. He had started going on field trips with his mentor only a few months ago. He was a computer genius, much more than the former. I didn't know how much combat training the little bird might've needed before going out, but it was most likely high. This boy was similar to the Robin that had made everyone proud. He was well-mannered and always had a smile on his face when he swung from buildings beside his mentor. His costume was different from the other two Robins; it was more red than green. I assumed it was out of respect to the late boy that he had taken up the mantle from. This Robin walked completely straight, hand in hand with Batman, down a clear line of justice and expectation. Yet, the pressure didn't seem to bother him. He seemed to just enjoy helping make a difference in his city no matter what anyone wanted him to be like. He had become the leader of the new Teen Titans and was a member of the Team.

I clicked off my computer screen and sat down on my bed. I needed to find the identities of the first Boy Blunder. That was top priority, but wouldn't it be fun to find who all the Bat Family members were under ther masks? I didn't really have time to find out who the mysterious Batman was yet because I was too busy with the members of the Black Sharks. The man from last night didn't give me much information on the leader of the gang. He was, yet again, another useless member. I needed to book someone who was a bit higher up and would still be scared by me. I was rudely interrupted again by Nightwing. I kicked myself for not checking for trackers when I had stolen his little toys. I purposely started a fight with him just to see what fighting style he was using. I had recorded the whole fight. Nightwing had a style that was combined with many techniques including Karate, Muay Thai, Arnis, Taekwondo, Mixed Martial Arts, Keysi, and Boxing. He was taught almost all of the types of martial arts, but he mainly used those that I saw. The way he flipped away from me and swung around on the cieling couldn't of been any type of martial arts experience. He had to have experience in gymnastics or something along those lines...like me. Even before the League of Assassins, I had experience with flexibility and strength. I had been an Aerial Silk girl which required to know how to flip and pull yourself, two skills needed in combat. Did this Nightwing do anything like that?

I cross searched gymnastics schools in Gotham and Blüdhaven. Robin would've started when he was around nine, judging by his body type. I searched for members of the gym that had suddenly dropped out when they were nine. About fifteen boys had dropped because of a sudden move of disinterest. None of them looked like the boy I had met. So it wasn't gymnastics...wait! Duh, Athena!