Chapter Four

-Dick's POV-

"Our best bet would be to figure out exactly where and what the Joker is planning," Barbara suggested, pulling up theories that she had written. We all began inspecting them. Batgirl thought that maybe the Joker was hinting that he was going to do something to the birds in the area. Or maybe he was going to kill artists?

"We don't have very much to go on, since the only activity the Joker has done was steal a painting." Bruce sat beside Barbara, working on another computer. Tim was training and I was bored. Maybe he would spar with me.

"Aye, Timmy," I smiled and handed him his mask. He smirked, knowing what I was getting at. I raised my fists in a taunting way and nodded towards him. "Come at me, Robin." Tim lundged forward, but I cart wheeled out of the way and landed behind him. I grabbed his cape and flipped him over my shoulder.

"Maybe I'll have to rethink the cape if you're gonna take cheap shots," Tim laughed and slid between my feet and kicked me down. I quickly recovered and punched him in the side. He whimpered out, jumping up onto my shoulders. I spun around while he slapped my cheeks. He laughed. I grabbed his shoulders and pulled him in front of me, but before I could punch him, Tim moved to the side and elbowed my back and made me fall on my face. He stood on top of me. "Bruce has taught me more moves," Tim said. I smirked at Bruce and knocked him off my back. He stumbled back and I was quick to knock him down with me pinning him on the mat behind us.

"You are definitely improving in combat," I moved off and helped Tim up. He shook my hand and wiped his face with a towel. I barely broke a sweat, for I had been fighting longer than Tim had. He had became the third Robin only a couple of months ago. After Jason's death, Bruce had to find another Robin.

"I'm going out. I have to talk to Joker's usual goons who are still in BlackGate to see if they know about this," Batman hopped in the Batmobile. Tim winked at me and hopped in the car alongside the Bat. I shook my head and chuckled, leaning against the computer beside Babs.

"And what is it you want, Dick?" She asked, not even looking at me. I rolled my eyes and climbed in front of the computer to get her attention. She giggled and crossed her arms.

"Shouldn't you be going out to get the Joker?" I jumped down and landed behind her. Barbara turned to see me and shrugged.

"I have my own leads to follow up on. Apparently, Scarecrow has moved to Central City with more drugs. I already talked to Flash and Kid Flash and they agreed that I should go down there to help, since I have experience with Scarecrow," Barbara clipped on her utility belt and pulled her mask on. I frowned.

"When will you be back? I might need your help," I looked at her. She looked up as if thought, but then just shrugged.

"Don't know. But, I'm only a call away if you need me to help you on a case. I doubt you'll need it though," She kissed my cheek, got on her motorcycle, and drove away. I rubbed her lipstick off of my cheek and sat down at the computer.

I watched the video I had of Nightingale again. I guessed she might of been around my age, maybe a bit younger. A year or so. She knew how to fight and she had gadgets similar to mine. Her uniform appeared to be made of Nomex like mine was. She carried many weapons and I was thankful she hadn't stabbed me. Or shot me with the two small guns she carried. Probably pistols. If I was going to interrogate this girl, I would need to meet up with her, so I would need to know where she was. I remembered that she had stolen my escrima sticks. Luckily, I had put trackers on the sticks to avoid theft. I pulled up the tracker and traced it to a warehouse near the Batcave. So, she liked dark and mysterious places to murder people. I grabbed an extra pair of sticks and headed out.

There was a loft outside of the warehouse that I could look in from. Inside, a man was tied to a chair with her in front of him. She stood in front of him, talking. I couldn't hear what she was saying but it was serious. The man was yelling out with a pityful look on his face. I turned on the voice amplifier in my ear piece and listened to their conversation.

"I don't know anything! You stubborn bitch, listen to me!" He screamed, jerking around in his chair. She raised a clunched fist, but suddenly stopped. She turned her head a bit.

"I believe you," Nightingale whispered. She pulled out a red pistol and shot the man in the head. I gasped and watched as she dropped the escrima sticks that she had strapped to the swords on her back. I turned off the voice amplifier as the clang from the metal sticks echoed in the room. "Did you see that? I killed him. Now, here's your little twigs back," Nightingale looked up at me.

"You shouldn't take things without asking," I commented. She crossed her arms and watched as I jumped down, rolling to break my fall. She bit her lip and kicked my escrima sticks away. Then, she randomly charged at me. I was shocked at first, which allowed her to smash into me. She punched me in the face really hard, making my tooth knock out. I grabbed her wrist tightly before she could throw another punch. Her knee met my ribs, making me drop my grip. I swiped at her feet and she fell to the ground. She reached for my leg, but I flipped out of the way. Nightingale jumped up and ran towards me. I ran to the wall and ran up the side, flipping around and kicking her in the face. She reached for me without taking not even a second to recover. I jumped up and grabbed a nearby bar and swung around on the cieling, dropping down to where she kicked my escrima sticks. I grabbed them up with one hand and swung out the window.

~~~~~New chapter!! Hope you like it. Vote and comment, yeah? And follow if you aren't already. Peace and love!~~~~~