Chapter Fifteen

-Athena's POV-

I waited patiently inside the Batcave waiting for someone to wake up so I could train. No one was even here, I didn't think. I rolled my eyes and headed up the stairs to leave. I smashed into Tim, almost falling back down the stairs. Luckily, I caught myself.

"Victoria, where are you going?" He asked. The training clothes he wore yesterday were replaced with his Robin outfit. He even wore his mask. Why would he where that? Where was he going?

"I'm leaving, and it seems like you are too." I pushed passed him and trudged my way through the shelves upon shelves of books. Tim followed and grabbed my arm. I glared down at his fingers, but decided not to act since he was really the only person in the whole group I could stand. I mean, the tiny tot got annoying at times too, but he wasn't as pretentious as Grayson or have such a sense of order as Wayne.

"Don't go! You can still train! The course systems aren't that hard to hack," psh, already knew that, already hacked them, "and you are free to roam the Manor as if it were yours. Alfred could make you something and you could read Bruce's books!" Tim encouraged, smiling. I did like the many of old books that were upon the shelves. Maybe I could reread my favorite book, The Odyssey.

"Where are you going?" I gestured to his costume. Even I had left my Nightingale get up at home, well, under all my clothes. I had pulled some baggy gray sweatpants and a t-shirt over my costume. I had removed my gloves and the sleeves. The ribbons I usually tied around my waist, ankles, wrists, and neck had been hidden as well.

"I'll cut the crap because I know you'll find someway to find me if I dont just tell you," so, smart and cooperative. This Bat Brat was definitely becoming my favorite, "I'm going to a small team meeting that I participate in. I assumed you read about it on the Batcomputer. I don't know where Dick went, but Bruce told me he had League buisness to attend to as well. Alfred will be the only one here with you, but you can invite friends over if you want." Tim dashed down the stairs to the cave. I had found something on a team that Drake had been a part of, as well as Grayson, but I wasn't really interested in reading every little thing I downloaded to my computer. So, I decided to study.

I scoped out vantage points where I could see the perimeter of the house and I wouldn't be bothered. I climbed the tallest hedge I could find, which was shaped like an elephant. I sat on top of the head of the creature and pulled up the files I found.

"The Team is a small organization that works alongside the Justice League in the Watchtower. It is made up of young heros that has a main priority of defending Earth," I read outloud quietly, "the original members were Robin (Dick Grayson), Kid Flash, Aqualad, and Speedy. After Speedy refused to be considered a side kick and treated like a child, he branched off and became Red Arrow." I agreed with this 'Red Arrow'. If the Justice Leaguers were as pretentious as Batman, I wouldn't want to work with them either. I read a brief background story of Red Arrow quickly. Clone of CADMIS, thought to be Roy Harper, married to Chesire with daughter, Justice League member...blah blah blah, I thought as I scanned through.

"Current members of the Team are: Robin (Tim Drake), Miss Martian, Superboy, Blue Beetle, Kid Flash (Bart Allen), Wonder Girl, Lagoon Boy, Arsenal, Aqualad, Artemis, Zatanna, Rocket, Batgirl, Beast Boy, Bumblebee, Guardian, and Static. Fallen members such as Robin (Jason Todd), Wally West, and Tula have been honored. The Team is led by original member, Aqualad. Missions are assigned by Batman, training by Black Canary." The Team sounded like something that would be really good for everyone involved. The world gets twice the superheros and the kids get to train with their mentors. I wondered what happened with Grayson. He was a founding member and now he wasn't even considered part of the whole thing. Odd.