Chapter Thirteen

-Athena's POV-

I swung into my room through my window and landed directly on my bed. I peeled off my Nightingale costume and laid on my bed. The blood of the man I had just killed coated my neck and a bit of my face. He had given me something important to base my research on now: the lover of the Boss. I ended his family-ending life with a single bullet. Don Bullhorn ran his casino based upon the customers who bought the drugs he got from the Black Sharks, Sharkies. The Sharkies were highly addictive and often left the young people who took them almost mentally insane. Sharkies caused wild hallucinations and had a very low rate of bad trips. But, the tiny black pills would also pump many dangerous chemicals into their blood streams, sometimes causing heart attacks.

He deserved to die for all the lives he had ruined for just a quick buck. Nightwing was wrong, he always is. The only way to take someone out was to assassinate them, not put them in some jail that they could easily break out of. This Joker guy, he was worse than all the other guys I had killed and he was running around free. Batman had failed to kill him and instead put him in some asylum which he had broken out of. They were doing everything wrong. I scoffed and closed my eyes.

In the morning, I took a shower and rinsed myself of the blood I had slept in. When I had approached Mr. Bullhorn, his bodyguard had gotten a hit in on my lip and I hadn't noticed that it was split. The blood had dried but the cut was still obvious. I was kind of anxious to train with the boys, because I had realized I had more in common with them. The Wayne family seems to be those people who think they're better than everyone else and they had never had gone through anything tough. But, after I left the cave last night, I left the party and hacked into the Batcomputer. The files I had found proved me wrong about Bruce, Tim, and Dick. I wondered why they all talked about the Joker with much more seriousness than any other villian. The second Robin, Jason Todd, he had been beaten with a crowbar and blown sky high by the Joker. There also was the incident of Barbara Gordon, or Batgirl, where the Joker shot her in the spine and paralyzed her. This Joker guy had caused so much pain in the Batfamily. I had studied up on every person who had worked with Batman, since it was all on his computer. I knew that Bruce Wayne had trained with the League of Assassins before I was even born. I knew everything about every person who was ever put into the Batcomputer, including their butler. I had gone through a lot, and so had the Waynes.

I hacked into the security systems of Wayne Manor and quickly climbed the fence. I darted through the garden, taking cover behind a shrub shaped like a giraffe from sleep pellets. I climbed on top of the house and slid down the chimney. When I landed, I realized I was covered in soot. Cursing, I sprinted to the bathroom and cleaned myself off. I almost smashed into Alfred Pennyworth when I came out. Our faces mirrored each other's shock.

"Ms. Smith? How did you get in?" Alfred said, his eyebrows scrunching in alert. I laughed and patted his back.

"I'm good at what I do, and what I do is break into people's houses," I smirked. I guess no one told Pennyworth that I was a part of the Bat Brat club. Alfred dashed down the hallway, probably to alert Mr. Wayne of the intruder.

I passed a cracked door as I walked down the hallway. Ducking my head in, I peeked at the room. It was a huge bedroom with a huge bed against the window. I saw a black and blue suit and instantly knew who's room it was. Grayson snored and flipped around as he slept. I giggled quietly and he shot up out of his bed, meeting my eyes in the darkness. It was about four thirty, so the sun hadn't quite come up yet. He glared at me and slowly stood up.

"Get out," he growled, grabbing his little sticks. I smirked and pulled out my two swords. I saw a smirk form on his face as he pounced at me. I jumped over him and slashed his back. He was only wearing his grey boxers, so the cut was very easy. He cried out and landed on the floor.