Chapter Twenty Seven

-Athena's POV-

"I know how to save and retrieve Wally West."

Everyone in the room rolled their eyes. Artemis glared at me. I, of course, didn't feel threatened by any of them.

"We've already tried everything," M'gann said in a soft, sad voice. Everyone solemnly nodded. I smiled a little and dared to disagree.

"Not quite." Artemis shot up, her face in a permanent angry expression.

"Is this some sick joke, Nightingale? I'm going to tear off your head for even mentioning him," she barked, charging forward. I knew that most of the people were warmed up to me, but I also knew there were still haters. Artemis hated me since the moment I walked in. I didn't know if she actually recognized me from the League of Assassins or if she just had some weird feeling that I actually trained with her sister.

Before she could even lay a hand on me, I had grabbed her wrist and flipped her onto the table right on her back. She wheezed since I just had blown the wind out of her. A few other hero's stood up to check on her. They stared back at me with a 'you better be telling the truth or you're dead' look.

"Here me out. I swear, it's true. Kid Flash can be saved, and yes, he is alive," I said, opening my arms in a hopeful gesture. The others sat down again. Even Artemis climbed down and took a seat. Her expression still read hate, but she at least was listening. The way I actually figured that bit of information out involved trades and discussions with people that most of the Team wouldn't approve of.

*************

I sat in the Bio-Ship, thinking about what I could do to earn the trust of my fellow comrades. Wally West was a fallen member that seemed to personally effect the majority of the group. The way to them, was through him.

After short talk with Lex Luthor and the members about how the kid died, I tried figuring out how to get him back. I obviously didn't have enough information on what happened to even attempt to reverse his death. I could use a Lazarus Pit if I had a body, so where could it be? The Team were too busy telling stories to hear my mumbling. I looked over at Nightwing. He was joyfully laughing along as if West never really died at all. I guess that was how they got over their grief. I barely noticed him at all.

I waited until Batman and Robin left for patrol to leave. Nightwing left to Blüdhaven to patrol there about twenty minutes before Bruce and Tim left. I explained to Alfred that I was going to go shopping in the city with an old friend of mine who was visiting Gotham. He let me go with no trouble. Idiot.

Lex Luthor had been released at the end of the day after Superman showed he had no strong proof against him. No doubt he had returned to his office. I approached the building and grappled to the top. Smashing the window, I landed feet first in front of his desk before he could turn around. Lex crossed his arms and smirked. "Good to see you again. What does Big Blue want now?" He said.

"I'm not here on League business," I sounded pretty serious, "I need your help."

"You came here to ask for my help when twelve hours ago you kidnapped me? And the League didn't set you up?"

"That's right. I'm here to talk to you myself. I need to know about last year. What happened exactly?" I asked, stepping closer. He smiled small again in satisfaction.

"The odd one out in the bunch, huh? You actually want to talk to me, a villain, which the League would never allow you to do. Well, if you want to know, you can take a look at the newscasts." He turned around. I grabbed the back of his chair and spun him.

"I have. But, the reporters don't know what those beams were made of or what they could've done to a young hero. You do," I let him go, "we can crack a deal if you want, but I need to know." Lex shook his head.