Chapter 40

2 weeks went by, Sabrina and Azeem tried to avoid each other as they felt very guilty for hiding things from each other, Sabrina wanted to return Farhan's jacket as soon as she could but she didn't have his number and there was no other way to contact him as she's been trying to call Preity but Preity wasn't picking up. Azeem didn't know how to tell Sabrina about what happened between him and Ayesha.
It would be awkward and weird for everyone so he decided to keep it to himself. He tried to avoid Ayesha as much as possible but Azeem's mother would tell Azeem to take Ayesha to the hospital to see her husband Abeer.

Sabrina was busy getting ready for med school, it was her first day today. Finally the reason she came to Dubai in the first place was to fulfil her dream of becoming a doctor. Sabrina woke up early, she turned over to look at Azeem who was in a deep sleep, she tried waking him but he wasn't getting up.
It was Azeem's day off so Sabrina decided to let him sleep, she kissed him and went downstairs, had her breakfast then went to say goodbye to her mother-in-law and went straight to the university. Sabrina was nervous, she really wanted Azeem to be with her as whenever Azeem is with her she feels calm and brave but without him she felt so lonely and nervous. Sabrina hoped that someone she knew could be in the university. Sabrina walked in and went to her class, she went and sat right at the back, within 5 minutes the room was nearly full when suddenly someone went and sat beside Sabrina, she looked to see who it was. Sabrina was surprised and said, "You!".
"Yes me" replied the man.
"Farhan! Since when did you want to become a doctor" said Sabrina.
"Since forever" replied Farhan. All of a sudden the lecturer started talking, he introduced the course and took them on a tour of the university. Meanwhile Azeem woke up and turned over to hug Sabrina but seen she wasn't there. He stood up and searched the whole house for her but couldn't find her so he ran to his mum and asked where Sabrina was. "Azeem, it's Sabrina's first day at med school, did you forget!" Said Azeem's mum.
"Omg how could I forget! I don't know how I overslept, I was gonna drop her off" said Azeem.
"No wonder Sabrina seem upset, she was very nervous and I thought you were going to go with her" said Azeem's mum.
"Oh no, what time is it mum?" Said Azeem.
"6:30" said Azeem's mum.
"I'm gonna go pick her up" said Azeem.
Azeem quickly gonna into his car and drove to the university. Meanwhile Sabrina and Farhan were busy talking away, "I was trying to contact you and I didn't have your number. I need to return your jacket" said Sabrina.
"No no it's fine, you can keep my jacket, it suits you better" laughed Farhan.
"I've got it hanging in my wardrobe, I'll give it to you tomorrow" said Sabrina.
"I'll give you my number just in case you need to me" said Farhan. He gave Sabrina his number, Sabrina waited for Azeem outside while Farhan offered to drop her home.
"Shall I drop you home?" Said Farhan.
"No no, my husband will be here" said Sabrina.
"Are you sure? It's raining heavily" said Farhan.
"Yes it's fine, Azeem will be here any moment" said Sabrina.
"Ok but I'll wait till he comes, you can come in my car until he comes" said Farhan.
"No Farhan, it's fine" said Sabrina.
After half an hour Azeem was still not there, he was stuck in traffic. Sabrina was soaking wet, "Please Sabrina, you'll get ill just get into the car" said Farhan.
Finally Sabrina listened and went into Farhan's car, Sabrina couldn't stop shivering. So Farhan took of his jacket and put it over her, Sabrina thanked him. They waited and waited but there was still no sign of Azeem, so while they were waiting Farhan put the radio on, suddenly their favourite song came on, the memories flooded in, Sabrina felt awkward, the memories were lovely yet hurtful.
"Why couldn't you have waiting for me?" Said Farhan.

"Excuse me? What do you mean?" Said Sabrina.

"I mean why did you have to marry Azeem, you're still young and I don't see any reason for you to get married so soon and to him" said Farhan.

"What did you want me to do, wait for you my own life? Huh! And the reason I married him is because I love him! Unlike you! He cared and loves me more than anything in the world" said Sabrina. Farhan was speechless, he didn't know what to say or do, he was suppose to act normal towards Sabrina but he couldn't control his feeling.
"What if I was to tell you that I didn't cheat on you?!" Said Farhan. Sabrina's eyes widen, "What?!".
"Yes, I didn't cheat on you, someone tried to frame me. They spiked my drink and then that girl was all over me. I swear I didn't do anything and I definitely didn't cheat on you" said Farhan. Sabrina had mixed emotions, she was confused, happy and sad all at the same time. She was happy that he didn't cheat on her yet sad that she always thought that he cheated on her but what was the point now. Sabrina is happily married to Azeem so whether Farhan cheated or didn't cheat. it won't make any difference. The only difference was that Sabrina stopped hating Farhan. After a while Sabrina got out the car and said, "I don't have signal on my phone, I need to talk to Azeem. I'll be back". Sabrina opened the door and walked around the road until she got signals on her phone. She left Azeem a voicemail, Suddenly a car came out of nowhere and Sabrina was lying there unconscious. Farhan ran out to see Sabrina, her head was bleeding. He picked her up and put her in his car so he could take her to the hospital. A few minutes later Azeem had finally arrived but there was no sign of Sabrina so he got out the car and asked everyone if they seen Sabrina, Azeem showed Sabrina photo to a women who told Azeem that someone had a really bad accident and has been taken to the hospital and that she looks exactly like Sabrina. Azeem was traumatised he went back in his car and tried calling Sabrina but it was unreachable. He hoped that the women was wrong and that the lady who had an accident isn't Sabrina. Meanwhile Farhan is stuck in traffic, he kept looked at Sabrina, he couldn't wait any longer so he got out his car, picked Sabrina up and ran to the hospital. A car stopped by him and said, "Do you need help?" Asked the man.
"Yes, can you please drop us off to the hospital" said Farhan. The man agreed and helped Farhan put Sabrina in the back seat, they arrived at the hospital. Farhan thanked the man and ran in to the hospital, shouting "DOCTOR!".
Everyone was looking at Farhan, the doctor and nurses came running, "What happened?!" Asked the doctor.
Farhan explained exactly what happened. "We need to take her to the operation theatre" said the doctor. Farhan went and sat in the waiting area, Azeem had arrived. He asked if Sabrina was here, the reception looked Sabrina's name up and said, "Yes Sir, she's in the operation theatre right now. You can wait in the waiting area" said the lady. So Azeem went and saw Farhan,
"What are you doing here?!" Shouted Azeem.
"Sabrina was waiting for you outside, she tried calling you! Where were you! And it was raining like mad I told her that I'll drop her home but she waiting on You! Then this happened" Said Farhan. Before Azeem could say anything else, the nurse had came and said, who's related to Sabrina Khan?". "She's my wife" said Azeem.
"Sir, can you come with me?" Said the nurse. She took Azeem to fill something in about Sabrina, As Azeem was about to go back to the waiting room he seen Ayesha, "What are you doing here?" Said Ayesha.
"Sabrina... She got into a car accident!" Said Azeem. Ayesha tried comforting Azeem, she hugged him tightly and said, "Don't worry she'll be ok". Azeem and Ayesha went to the waiting room, Azeem went and sat beside Farhan. 
"It's all my fault!" Said Azeem. Azeem couldn't control himself and started crying, Farhan looked at him and said, "Azeem, it's not your fault and come on be strong! Sabrina will be fine".
"No it's my fault, I slept in and woke up very late, I am coming to pick her up but I was stuck in traffic!" Said Azeem.
"It's not your fault Azeem! You need to be strong... for Sabrina" said Farhan.
"Thanks man if you weren't there anything could have happened to my Sabrina" said Azeem.
"No need to thank me, she means a lot to me too" said Farhan. Ayesha looked at him confused, who was Farhan and who is Sabrina to him thought Ayesha.
They waited for hours and hours,
Azeem told Ayesha to go home but she didn't listen, Suddenly a nurse came running in, "Mr. Azeem Khan, Sabrina has regained consciousness, Farhan, Azeem and Ayesha ran into the room. Sabrina opened her eyes, she looked around. "Farhan" shouted Sabrina. Farhan went to Sabrina, he hugged her very tightly. "You are here, I've missed you so much" said Sabrina.
Farhan was shocked, Azeem walked in and saw that they were hugging. Farhan quickly moved away, Azeem ran to Sabrina and hugged her, "Sabrina, Are you ok?! I'm sorry I should have went with you!" Said Azeem.
"Who are you?!" Said Sabrina.
"What?!" Said Azeem shocked.
The doctor walked in and said, "Mr Azeem Khan and Farhan can you both please come outside?". So the doctor took them to his office, "What's wrong?" Said Azeem.
"Mr. Azeem Khan, your wife Sabrina has lost her memory, she believes that she's in 2010 and that she's still in Scotland" said the doctor.
"Omg how did this happen, what shall we do?!" Said Azeem.
"Mr. Khan don't worry, we will try our best to bring back Mrs Sabrina's memory but you have to be very careful. Don't stress her to remember anything and just go along with everything she says" said the doctor.
Azeem was heartbroken, if only he was with Sabrina, that wouldn't have happened. Farhan tried to comfort Azeem, "Don't worry bro she'll be ok" said Farhan.
"Thanks bro but how can I not worry, she has forgotten me" said Azeem. Farhan comforted Azeem as he could see how much he loved Sabrina and realised that Azeem loved Sabrina more than him. After a while they both went back into the ward, Farhan talked to Sabrina normally. Until finally he said, "Sabrina, you are in Dubai, you've been living here for 3-4 years now". Sabrina was shocked and said, "What!".
Sabrina started feeling dizzy and fainted again, the doctors rushed in and said, "I told you not to stress her and it was too soon to tell her the truth!". The doctors connected Sabrina to the machines, her heartbeat was getting her low. "We are losing her!" Said the nurse. The doctor started using the defibrillator, "The patient is now stable" said the doctor. Farhan and Azeem thanked Allah and went to read namaaz. Azeem was praying that Sabrina remembers him soon and that she is healthy and well and he thanked allah for saving her life and Azeem wouldn't be able to live without her. Meanwhile Farhan thanked Allah for saving Sabrina's life and prayed that Sabrina gets her memory back, before Farhan wanted Sabrina to be his in any way but not this way. If they are meant to be then allah has plans but Farhan felt that this isn't the right way. Sabrina doesn't remember Azeem so it's not fair. He decided that allah knows best therefore he leaves everything to Allah.
Ayesha goes to Azeem and tells him not to worry. A week later the doctor tells Azeem to take Sabrina home, Farhan had to make up an excuse and take her to Azeem's home. The doctor has told Farhan to tell her now that she's in Dubai and what year they are in.
"Sabrina, don't start stressing but I need to tell you something really important" said Farhan.
"Ok what is it?!" Said Sabrina.
"Well for starter you've had an car accident and have lost your memory. we are in 2015 and in Dubai right now, you've been living here for 3-4 years as you are studying medicine in med school here" said Farhan.
"Wow what?! Omg! What are you doing here then?" Said Sabrina.
"Well I'm studying medicine here too and we are in the same med school" said Farhan.
"Really?! That's great" said Sabrina.
Azeem walked in and said, "Are you feeling any better now?".
"Yes thank you for asking but who are you?! Said Sabrina.
"Hi, I'm Azeem My Dad Rahim and your dad uncle Haroon are childhood friends, you've been living at my house since the past 3-4 years" said Azeem.
"Oh wow that long and I'm so sorry I couldn't place you" said Sabrina.
Azeem's eyes started tearing up, "I'll wait in the car" said Azeem. Sabrina was confused and asked Farhan, "Why is he crying?" Said Farhan.
"Azeem is a close friend of yours, he just felt a bit emotional, seeing you like this" said Farhan.
"Oh ok" said Sabrina. Farhan and Sabrina got into the car, they sat at the back, Azeem was sitting in the front. He was looking at Sabrina from the front mirror and Sabrina was staring at him too. They finally arrived home, "Sabrina, my child, how are you? Shouted Azeem's mum.
"I feel better auntie" said Sabrina.
Azeem's dad came and said, "Beta, are you ok?".
"Uncle Rahim!" Shouted Sabrina. She ran and hugged him. "Uncle, how are you? It's been so long since I met you, the last time I met you was when I was 10-14" said Sabrina.
"No beta, you live here, we see each other everyday" said Azeem's dad.
"Oh yes uncle and auntie, Sabrina has lost her memory, she doesn't remembered coming here with her family for their holidays. Her memory has stopped at 2010 she doesn't remember anything after that" said Farhan. .
"Oh ok but who are you?" Said Azeem's dad.
"Dad, he's Sabrina's friend" said Azeem.
"Ok, Azeem go show them their rooms" said Azeem's mum. Azeem first took Sabrina to the room she used to stay in before she married Azeem. "This is your room, if you need anything just call me" said Azeem.
"Thank you" said Sabrina.
Azeem then took Farhan to the guest room, "if you need anything let me know" said Azeem.
"Thanks mate" said Farhan.

Heeeeyyy guys this took me ages to think of lol i hope you like the chapter please like, comment and share... Also how sad is this Sabrina has lost her memory...
She remembers Farhan only but what has? Her friend or Boyfriend! Ayesha is trying to comfort and support Azeem, I don't seem to like her closeness with Azeem.
Let me know what you think of Ayesha and Farhan and what you think will happen to Azeem and Sabrina love story...