Chapter 3

I followed Sebastian to the dorms. He looked serious and didn't want to be bothered. He didn't speak at all.

I started thinking about Akihiko Mori.

I wonder what kind of a person he is. I am hoping that he is like Yuu, very kind and gentle.

Then, I started thinking about what Sebastian said.

I need to improve my magic somehow. How am I going to manage to do that...I will be expelled if I can't...It was troubling. I tried to think of something else.

Harumi: Sebastian...I have...um...a question.

Sebastian: What is it?

Harumi: How did Akihiko Mori get chosen as my mentor? How about Yuu? He's a Class A wizard too, right?

Sebastian: Hmm...Our partnering system is based on elemental affinity and the ability of the wizard to train. Akihiko has a strong affinity to fire like you, Harumi. Also, he is one of the top students in his class. Even though Yuu is also an excellent choice, His affinity is to ice. Therefore, you are not compatible with him as your mentor. Yuu can still train you but we want our students to excel as quickly as possible.

Harumi: I see...

I sank into deep thought. There were so many things that I didn't know. Today was overwhelming.

They really thought about pretty much everything. They were very organized.

This world is completely different from what I am used to. Back in Izena, It was a carefree lifestyle. Here in Geffen, they have strict rules that you have to follow and a society built like a well planned labyrinth.

Still, I will work hard to prevent getting expelled. This is my one and only chance to have a different life. I will not disappoint my family, and I will do whatever it takes to succeed.

Without paying attention, we finally arrived at my assigned room.

Sebastian: We're here.

________________

Sebastian knocked on the door, and someone immediately opened it and let us in. It must be Akihiko.

Akihiko: Good evening, Sebastian. What can I do for you?

Sebastian: Good evening, Akihiko. I'm sorry for the intrusion and this unannounced visit. You have been assigned as a mentor. This is Harumi Rei, your underclassman. Please take a good care of him.

Akihiko looks really charming--as if there are glitters and roses surrounding him.

Harumi: Hello, Akihiko. I'm Harumi Rei and it's a pleasure to meet you. Please take a good care of me.

Akihiko: It's nice to meet you too. I'm Akihiko Mori, Class A Wizard Year 2. I'll do my best to mentor and train you to the best of my abilities.

He is way too charming.

I am not a good judge of character but something is not right. He seems nice. I guess it will not be that bad staying with him.

Sebastian: Akihiko, Harumi's magic is at a Class F level and you will be taking care of his training--make sure his magic improves. I will be following up on his status and progress. Now then, I will let you be and get acquainted. I will take my leave. Harumi, if you need anything, you can ask Akihiko or me. Have a great evening, good bye.

Akihiko showed Sebastian the door and he left. Akihiko's charming aura suddenly turned into darkness. He looked really annoyed and irritated. I tried my best to avoid making eye contact with him. I opened up my luggage and started organizing my things. Akihiko grabbed my arm to get my attention.

Akihiko: Harumi Rei, right?

He was serious. He let go of my arm and sat down on his chair.

Akihiko: First things first, let me explain MY RULES. First, refrain from disturbing me. Second, don't make any annoying noises. Third, don't initiate conversations with me. Fourth, this is my side of the room and that's your side--never step on my side and don't ever touch my things. Lastly, don't behave too familiar with me, okay? You got that?

He caught me by surprised. He was a faker. I thought he was nice for a minute, and he proved me wrong.

Harumi: Ye--s, Akihiko. But...um...aren't you supposed to train me? How can we do that if I can't talk to you...

Akihiko: We will go over that when I get the chance. I have no idea why they assign these stupid and useless things to elite wizards. What a freaking waste of my time! Ugh, it can't be helped. It's their policy. Also, it's bad for my record if I fail. I will let you know if I feel like training you, okay?

I spoke way too soon. Here I was, thinking that he was a nice and welcoming guy.

He is mean and arrogant. He needs to get off his high horse. I really wish he can be more like Yuu...even just a little bit.

I was hoping that Yuu was assigned to me instead of...him.

___________________

Somewhere in the Academy...

...in the Grand Cross Wizard's Office.

Sebastian knocked on the door.

Sebastian: It's Sebastian. I'm here to hand over my report.

Xiel Vermillion (Grand Cross Wizard): Oh please, do come in.

Sebastian: Good evening, Vermillion. Harumi Rei has arrived. I placed him as a Class F Wizard, and he is currently staying with Akihiko, as you requested. Is there anything else you want me to do?

Xiel: Harumi is one of our valuable wizards, so make sure you keep a good eye on him. That's all for today.

Xiel signaled him to leave. Sebastian paid his respects and left.

James Yuri (Grand Officer): I'm still trying to figure out your grand plan. You are known to use your unorthodox methods. It's troubling me that I can't see through you.

Xiel burst out laughing and smirked.

Xiel: Don't worry, James. You'll find out soon enough. I'm just having fun. Let's play with him for a bit.

James: Tsk, I hate it when you do this kind of thing. I have to interfere when things go out of control whether you like it or not. I mean, Harumi can easily pass as a Class A Wizard. What the hell are you trying to do?

Xiel: No, not just yet, I have to patiently wait for him to ripen. Good things happen to those who wait, right?

Xiel laughed wickedly, got up on his chair and moved towards James.

Xiel: Why do you look so serious all the time? Smile for once.

Xiel caressed James' hair and he blew air into his ear.

James: Don't do that, pervert!

James pushed Xiel away from him.

Xiel: You no right to do that to your master.

Xiel went back to his chair, sat down and looked through the window, overlooking the whole academy.