Chapter 13

Even with my frail body, I was able to carry Akihiko back to our room. Akihiko was tall and a bit muscular in comparison to me, I was short and thin.

I exerted too much energy dragging him back to our room. I probably would feel my body ache tomorrow.

I placed Akihiko's unconscious body on his bed.

He had a mental fatigue before but this instance was different. It looked like his soul left his body. I went up close to him, and he was still breathing. His breaths were shallow and his heartbeat was slow.

Also, his body was cold to the touch. It felt like ice. I panicked and quickly grabbed some hot water and a dry towel. I removed his uniform and started wiping his naked body.

I felt so guilty for doing this to him.

It was my fault.

I shouldn't have cast that spell...

But did I really have a choice to defy the Grand Cross Wizard?

After wiping his whole body, I changed him into his sleeping clothes. His body temperature was still cold.

I was alarmed. This could be something bad, and Akihiko might die. I started being frantic. I dashed out of the room towards the infirmary to get some help. I was blindly running, and then I ran into someone.

Yuu: Hey...

Harumi: I'm so sorry.

I screamed and continued running.

Yuu: Hey, wait!

Yuu grabbed my arm, and we fell on the floor.

Yuu: Aw...are you alright? What happened?

Harumi: Yuu...Yuu...

I started crying.

Yuu: What happened?

Yuu got up and helped me get back on my feet.

Harumi: Thank you...

Out of the blue, he grasped me onto his chest and hugged me.

Yuu: What's troubling you? It's okay...I'm here.

Harumi: It's...it's...Akihiko. There is something wrong with him!

We went back to our room, and I told Yuu everything that had happened.

Yuu: This is just a severe symptom of mental fatigue. He will be fine with some rest. Make sure he is covered up. He can get a fever.

Harumi: Thank goodness...I thought something was wrong with him...He looks lifeless...

Yuu: Yea, don't worry too much about it. As wizards, magic is what keeps us alive. We should be more conscious and conservative when we're using magic.

Harumi: Yea...thank you so much, Yuu.

There was a long pause.

Yuu: I heard that you passed your examination and ranked as a Class A Wizard. Congratulations, Harumi.

He smiled at me.

Harumi: About that...

I was embarrassed about that achievement. It was fake. It wasn't my power. It was Akihiko's...and now...he was in a bad shape because of me.

Yuu: Don't be too hard on yourself. You'll be joining my class tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

Harumi: Ah...okay. Thank you again. I'm sorry for being an inconvenience.