Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Today is my first day at a new college or University as the British say. I had moved from Montana in the United States to London, England. I was terrified because I was not only "the new girl" I was also not British and to top it all off I was starting two months after everyone else had. I was hoping to start when classes began but the paper work hadn't gone through in time and then I had to find a job and an apartment. I finally found both after a week of being there.

I had been staying at a hotel but I knew that couldn't last long because money was dwindling. I probably could have asked for help from my parents but I wanted to do this myself. I found a small but relatively cheap and nice place only a block away from campus. I knew I didn't want to stay in the dorms. I knew it might be better to make friends quickly but I wanted more freedom and responsibility. I know weird right? What 19 year old wants more responsibility? Apparently me.

I got a job at a local café near the campus also and was getting ready to start my training today and my first day of classes. To say I was nervous was an understatement. I walked up to the building and was sick from nerves. I walked into the building and into the office. The front desk was huge and the lady I believe her name was Mrs. Watson waited on me and she was really nice. She gave me my schedule and told me that if I needed anything just to ask. She then sent a guide with me to show me around. Her name was Caleigh and she was from a smaller town called Brighton and this was her second year at Brunel University. She showed me where the library and other important areas of the school were. She then showed me where all my classes were saving my first class last that way I could just go in. I thanked her and went into my English class.

All eyes were on me instantly. I felt like a tiny bug in a sea of people. I walked over to the teacher and handed him my slip. "Welcome Sophie." He then continued. "Class, this is Sophie and she's transferred from Montana in the U.S. Make her feel welcome." He then motioned for me to sit. I slid by trying to not look at everyone staring at me. I took a seat towards the back next to some girl that had golden blonde hair and bright blue eyes. The guy on the other side was a ginger boy who was asleep. Great.

After we were dismissed the golden haired girl came up to me. "Sophie. Hi, I'm Meg." I smiled. "Hi, how are you?" She said she was good and proceeded to "school" me in who was who and what was what around. She was nice don't get me wrong but jeez she was chipper. At lunch she introduced me to the rest of the cheerleading squad and football team. Yes, she is a cheerleader. I had kind of always been in a more popular crowd but never cheerleaders or jocks. Maybe they weren't a stuck up here like the states.

They seemed to be alright people. A few girls were pretty superficial with their looks and only talked about their makeup and clothes. A few of the guys just made gross jokes the whole time but there seemed to be another few that seemed to have a brain. One girl Maureen knew about poetry and literary things and Jack he knew more politics and law which would explain him going into law. I told them I was doing Sociology and probably some writing classes. We ended up talking about all of our majors for the rest of lunch.

Afterwards we were walking to our other classes when out of nowhere I was laughing at one of Jack's joke when I ran straight into someone. Papers flew everywhere and I landed on my ass and the other person ended up all the way on his back. I could tell it was a guy from his clothes. My new "friends" helped me up and then as the other guy was getting up one of the football players named Kevin pushed him down and called him a loser. I told everyone to go ahead and I'd see them later. They went on reluctantly. I bent down and helped the guy pick up his papers and my things also. "I'm really sorry. I never watch where I'm going. I should probably watch or I'm going to create a catastrophe." I said and giggled a bit. Just then he looked up at me and I saw the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen framed by thick black glasses. WOW! Then my eyes went to his lips. Damn! He was nerdy in his clothing. Complete with higher pants, suspenders and plaid shirt. His hair was ruffled a bit in brown luscious curls. I bit my lip.